The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Need some advice for my social profiles

Chillywilly1993

affiliate
Ok so I have been told that building up individual social network profiles related to my niche website is a good way to get people to share my content, thus building backlinks to my page and site.

But my question to you guys is whether this is worthwhile? For example, I have a Pinterest account with over 1,000 subscribers. Would it not be easier for me to post content that I KNOW will get reshared (funny memes, cool gadgets, stuff like that) and put a link to the site that I am trying to get backlinks to in these posts? I know that Google likes relevancy, so I could also put the tags as words related to my niche if that would help.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hey ChillyWilly,

That's a good idea over there but then You just said the word NICHE. I think these people have followed you because they're interested in what you have to offer and thats basically more from your Niche.

You could test this and see the results.... Everything is about testing and taking risk.

If you post these memes and you get positive results... You might wanna continue doing it but if you dont wanna lose interest in your niche make it clear when you post something unrelated but HELPFUL.

Hope that helps... And if you're finding it hard to make good use of your social media accounts, This article should help: 3 Easy Ways to Make More Use Of Social Media Websites

thanks for the reply babs. I will test it out and see what happens.

My main concern is that Google will not consider my backlinks relevant if i am getting reshares for posts that are not realted to my niche.

for example if i post a funny meme and embed a link to my niche website (say a website about scarves) then Google will not consider these reshares worthwhile because the meme was not related to my niche. Does this make sense? I'm not sure haha

thanks for the reply babs. I will test it out and see what happens.

My main concern is that Google will not consider my backlinks relevant if i am getting reshares for posts that are not realted to my niche.

for example if i post a funny meme and embed a link to my niche website (say a website about scarves) then Google will not consider these reshares worthwhile because the meme was not related to my niche. Does this make sense? I'm not sure haha

So DAMN True... lol... But are you doing this to please google or your followers? Or if the main aim of doing this posting is to please Google then maybe this might not be the way to go,

But

As i said earlier... Test! Test!! Test!!! And see what happens :)

Ideally I want to please them both! Entertain my followers and score some decent backlinks....

Ah this stuff gives me a headache. But thanks for the help Babs!

banners
Back