The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Need advice to find tangible products related to my needs

GregSnow

Hello All,

I am a newbie to affiliate marketing and need some advice. My website is geared toward the fishing industry. I am having a very difficult time locating affiliate products to promote on my site. About all i have seen is ebooks and thats OK but I need some variety.

Can anybody help me find a resource of products for my website so that I can begin an attempt at affiliate marketing which i am very interested in? Thank you,

Greg

Hi Greg,

There are lots of sporting goods stores that have fishing gear and affiliate programs. Plus Bass Pro Shops which is all fishing related has an Affiliate Program on CJ, so you might try something like that. Here's a link to their affiliate page: Bass Pro Shops Affiliate Program

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Another thing I suggest is to use search engines and type in the keyword of the product you want to promote followed by the words Affiliate Program. For example, you could do fly fishing affiliate program. See what companies pop up that have products or services related to fly fishing and if it does not take you directly to their affiliate program, scroll down to the bottom of their page and look for a link to their affiliate program.

thanks guys for the help, Ron your advice help me tremendously!

I have another question about keyword restrictions from the advertisers.

When they ask you not to use certain keywords in searches.
Example: Columbia Sportswear, shirts: Affiliates may not use columbia, columbia sportswear, full zip pullover, longsleeve etc.

How in the world do you market it if you can advertise on internet for it using all the words that people could locate it under? Please help me understand

Greg

Are they possibly talking about PPC advertising? That's typically the only time they restrict brands and keywords. However I don't see how they could restrict generic keywords like full zip pullover, longsleeve.

Maybe you could copy the part of the TOS you are concerned with here or link to it and tell us what paragraph.

Another thing I suggest is to use search engines and type in the keyword of the product you want to promote followed by the words Affiliate Program. For example, you could do fly fishing affiliate program. See what companies pop up that have products or services related to fly fishing and if it does not take you directly to their affiliate program, scroll down to the bottom of their page and look for a link to their affiliate program.

I've also run across merchants that use the term "partner" instead of affiliate. Also worth looking for via google and at the bottom of their page.

One more item to think about when looking for vendors: If they manage their affiliate program in-house (versus through one of the established networks), tread carefully. Not that they are all bad, but you probably should examine them very carefully.

Here you go Linda, hope this helps!

Search Campaigns - Protected SEM Bidding Keywords
These are keywords that publishers are prohibited from bidding on for search marketing campaigns

Columbia, Columbia.com, , Columbia Sportswear, Columbia Sportsware, Columbia coupon, Columbia discount, Columbia deal, Omni-tech, Omni-shade, Omni-shield, Omni-dry, Omni-freeze, Omni-grip, Techlite, Performance Fishing Gear, PFG, Performance Hunting Gear, PHG, Greater Outdoors, Bugaboo, Bugathermo, First Descents Park, Ascender? Softshell Glove, Ashlane? Low, Ballistic Hunt Windproof Fleece, Bugaboo Parka?, Bugaboo Reskin?, Bugabutte?, Bugacross? OT, Bugaice? OT, Bugatrail?, Challenger? II Convertible Pant, Code 9? Softshell Glove, Explorer? II Convertible Pant, Firelane? Low, Firelane? Mid OT, G4I? Parka, Jammin' Journey? Full Zip, Jet Setter? Cybertote, Mountain Access IC Glove, Mountain Tech? Long Sleeve Top, Mt. Krause Pant, Pin High? Mock LS, Powers Vertical? II Pant, Quilt Essentials? Full Zip, Sierra Groove?, Snow Hottie, Storm Trooper? Leather Glove, Technical Trails? Long Sleeve Tee, Terratrekker?, Terratrek? Mid OT, The Dover? Down Jacket, The Helsinki? Pant, Voltage? II F

big affiliate networks: cj, linkshare, shareasale.
The problem is that I saw little sites for what you are asking. So you will have to do some research to find them.
Another tip: search in google for your interested keywords - you will find fishing sites. Look for affiliate programs on those sites.

MI
Back