The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

My New Status Change

Lisa76

affiliate
Hi all,

Wasn't sure where to put this, but I recently resigned from SiteSell as their affiliate manager. My sites are doing so great that I've decided to make my affiliate biz my full time gig. Yay! :)

But the issue is my successor will probably join these forums and start posting because I told him it's a great place to get advice and chat with other AM's. The problem is my username for this forum is 5PillarManager and it may get confusing because he is the affiliate manager of the 5 Pillar Club now. (I should have picked another name when I joined! Hind site 20-20 right?)

Anyway, Linda would you just recommend I create a brand new username and start my posts all over again? I doubt we can change our username right? I wanted to ask opinions first before I did it.

Hi Lisa,

I've read about your change in the newsletter.
Congrats on your newfound freedom and re-focusing on your own biz.

Thanks for asking about this.
Rick already signed up earlier today and I PMed him inviting him to post.

As for your name hmmmmm. Do you want to still be assocaiated with and get credit for all your previous posts? If so I think I can change your user name and all the previous posts will still be part of your profile. I've done that with other AMs that changed jobs and wanted the new company name as their user name.

If you prefer to just start over with a new name you can do that too, but I'd want to keep your previous profile and posts up because you were a great contributor.

I may talk to Larwee about the best way to handle this.
But tell us what you would prefer.

Actually I would LOVE to keep all my posts but I thought a username change was out of the question. Just let me know who I need to send my preferred username to and we can do it that way. Thanks!

Lisa, your successor has joined and has the member name or Rick-SiteSell.

I agree with Linda, you have made a lot of very good posts here. It would be good to keep them associated with you and part of your posting history even though you are now making a change.

You can request for either Linda or me to change your name to whatever new name you want and all of your previous contributions would remain. The only thing that would be different would be your new username.

In most cases when this happen, people prefer to just have a new username and keep all of their old posts.

So there you have it. We would like to see you just select a new username if you feel it is best to change usernames, but keep your new username with all of your previous great contributions.

You can do that, you can leave everything as it presently is or you can select a new username and start from scratch.

Which would you prefer?

Actually YOU can't change your username yourself but I CAN!
:p I can do anything the software will let me, cuz I OWN the joint!

PM it to me and I'll make it so!

Then it would be great if you would re-introduce yourself
and explain the name change.

Ooops Larwee and I posted at same time, but the consensus seems to be
keep your posts and let us change your name.

Just got a PM from Larwee and she is handeling it for me. Thanks to the both of you. When the change has been made I'll re-introduce myself. :)

Larwee is the fastest forum administrator around.
He beats me to stuff ALL the time.

Wow am I blessed!

Congrats on your new name Lisa!

Glad to help, Lisa.

Thanks for the nice words Linda and also for clearing up another matter.

There are a lot of women around here, but I am not one of them. My name is Larry but my username is Larwee, so it isn't easy to tell from that username.

As long as people are happy, it doesn't really matter what I'm called.

Lisa, we all look forward to your continued participation in 5 Star discussions.

banners
Back