The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

My Mobile Journal

michael87

affiliate
Hi everyone,

I am back after a long hiatus, getting married and settling down to my new place. I'm starting this journal to document my journey in mobile affiliate marketing.

The long break was actually to save some money to start. And man was i lucky enough that @servandosilva hooked up with zeropark to give a 1:1 matching bonus! i deposited $500 and got $500 credits free! Thanks @servandosilva !

I have also signed up with @cashmoneyaffiliate and hopefully i can put everything i've learned so far into good use.

I have created my first campaign in zeropark with a CPI offer. will post an update in another day or 2 and see how it goes!

My goal by end June:
$10/day.

that's all folks!

Thanks @servandosilva!

so update for today:
Spend: $1.30
Revenue: $0.56
ROI = -57%

I made a silly mistake of not appending &aff_sub= to my offer URL. ended up my conversion was not tracked and my affiliate manager told me that they are unable to pass me the converting id/ip. just gotta move on and learn.

am going to up my bid. seen somewhere that the better inventory in zeropark is priced higher. not sure how true is that, but i'll just test it out. currently at 3 position, will try for 1st position

at this moment, which i have 1 lander outperfoming the other by 10%, i am unable to determine which lander is better due to lack of data.

rule of thumb -> 3x offer no conversion, i'll kill the target.

learning points:
hasoffers offer: http://www.network.com/aff_c?offer_id=xxx&aff_id=xxx&aff_sub=
cake offer: http://www.network.com/?a=xxxx&c=xxxx&s1=

Last edited:
after seeking @cashmoneyaffiliate advice to translate my landing page, my CTR improved.

upload_2015-5-16_8-15-39.png

LP3 (translated LP) was only implemented just yesterday and it show much more potential than the other 2.

the aim was to collect enough data to start optimising. but as i have missed the 3 conversion data in the earlier, i cant do much optimisation at the moment.

Total Spent: $14.32
Total Revenue: $3.36
Profit: -$12.64
ROI: -88. 27%

Question: Do i continue? I'll probably would as LP3 is at around -50% ROI without optimisation. I'll be adding another lander in and shake some things up.

Learning point:

Setup of offer URL and Tracking URL:
Offer: http://XXX.appflood.com/transaction/post_click?XXX&aff_sub={campaign.id}&aff_sub2={clickid}
Postback: http://XXX.trackvoluum.com/postback?cid={aff_sub2}&payout={payout}

Translation really does outperform non-translated LP!

upload_2015-5-17_18-13-53.png

My results for yesterday. I'm starting to move profitable targets to a new target campaign. LP3 has been consistent in bringing in the conversions and i have not optimise this LP yet.

I believe I'm learning something a little bit more each day, which will definitely help me achieve my goals.

I should see green for my target campaigns when zeropark approves it (fingers crossed!).

It has been exciting to wake up seeing conversions cause this means that the offers are working. I just need to weed out the bad sources quickly to be in profit!

You have a great CTR at your LP, I really ENVY it, but your CR is really bad, if your offer is an app, you must study why it happen, I mean look what OS version do you have traffic, if the offer is 4.0++ and your 30% of the traffic is 2.3, you cant get any lead from them, how more specific is the offer you will need a more segmented traffic, and ZeroPark can't give you, nevertheless your LP is a beast, I will follow your progress.

Thanks @eqx and @javierin for the insights. Yes it's quite a pity Zeropark can't let us target os versions at the moment. And I agree that my CR is rather low too. Maybe the install is rather huge which deters ppl to download. I'm still testing this out and see how it goes. Stay tuned!

The results are in!

The campaign which i had whitelisted target is in the GREEN!

upload_2015-5-19_21-23-40.png

It is my first profitable campaign after collecting data for the past few days. Spending about $30+ to collect data.

Roughly 10 bucks per LP. But i'm really glad to hit green so fast. Will keep grinding and hope to hit my target asap by June.

Learning point: Be patient. There was numerous times where i just wanted to kill the campaign and targets but i told myself to let it run a while more. We really need more data to see what's working and whats now.

upload_2015-5-19_21-27-49.png

Yeah I'm currently trying to optimise my Lander to improve my CR. I'll look into other similar traffic sources like dntx, popads etc.. any other recommendations?

My stats for yesterday:
upload_2015-5-21_22-6-7.png

my profit dropped a little as i increased my bids to get a more favourable position. I'm currently looking at similar traffic sources to scale my offer!

I have also started optimising my landers one at a time

1. count down timer
2. color of CTA button

Good to see your progress man, i'm following this!

Would you care to say how you are building your landing pages and what network you are using?

Thanks.

i signed up with @cashmoneyaffiliate and from there i took his landers and made it my own. I have some programming background so its still manageable for me. :)

i'm with appflood and i finally got into yeahmobi yesterday! Woots!

upload_2015-5-25_20-54-3.png

my campaign kind of died at the moment. will be stopping it and restart it a few days later. Am also thinking of coming up with more aggressive landers, hopefully to boost my CTR and conversions.

this is my first campaign and i'm definitely pleased with the amount of learning i got through this one campaign. I can only get better from now on. It beats reading tons of tutorials. The real experience is your best mentor. keep grinding!

upload_2015-5-29_21-25-14.png

this was my second campaign and i follow my AM's advice to launch this offer. I managed to get some conversions and was at -50% ROI without optimisation. However, looking at the bids, i'm paying close to 5 cents per redirect on zeropark. which is around $50 CPM! i reckon than this campaign might be hard to get into the green and threw it out of the window.

i will be asking my AM for a good payout offer and probably target tier 2 countries as well.

am i doing correctly? :)

banners
Back