The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

My First Campaign using 7search and an offer from Peerfly

erickendall

affiliate
Hello Everyone. Well I just put my first campaign together and thought I'd give you all the initial details for others to scrutinize.
I selected an offer from Peerfly just randomly really. It's a gaming offer. See below.
peerfly offer.jpg
I followed Luke's tutorial on how to set all this up in 7search. Here's a link to his tutorial. (thanks Luke).
Setting up a 7Search Campaign
All that stuff about the &subid=###KEYWORD###&subid2=###AFFID###&subid3=###RID### was a little confusing at first. It seems that when added to the long URL from Peeerfly it wouldn't fit into the "Display URL:" box. This wasn't a problem with the ":Default Destination URL:"
Here is my initial setup in 7search.
7search1.jpg
I knew nothing about the Uprising Empire game, so I did a quick Google search for reviews and got a general idea of what it's all about. Enough to write up some ad copy at least. Would anyone like to comment on the ad copy? This is the first ad copy I've written! Here is the offer page. I think maybe I should have mentioned that it can be played through Facebook as well.
uprising empire.jpg
I have this running in the US, Canada and Australia. I put a $5.00 daily limit with a $0.05 bid per click. I ended up with just under 200 keywords.
Should I think about doing any split testing at this stage, or just see how things pan out over the next day or so?
Any feedback appreciated.

Hi eric,

It's nice to see someone promoting the same niche as mine. I started promoting Pirate Storm at adcenter, but the offer stop working for some reason, not sure why, I mailed Luke to check it out for me, cause I think the landing page converts better than the other offers that allow search traffic.

Here's what I can help you with your current campaign, The display URL that you used can be the original site's URL (should work the same as adcenter never tried 7search), you don't have to use your own domain, but just by having that helps to build trust to your potential lead.

Search traffic is all about your keyword, plan you angle of attack, and connects them to your copy. Some keyword may not work well with the copy so it can affect the conversion and CTR.

If you have any question buddy let me know, I'll offer a hand if I know.

Great start from what I can see, I would advice buying a domain like playthisonline.com blah blah and I framing the offer page, it just looks more legit. Also maybe shorten your copy in the description people don't tend to read long text, make it short and to the point. Good luck.

Thanks Randize and K for the feedback. Taking your advice, I have just registered the domain name of AWESOMEONLINEGAMING.COM through Godaddy.
domain purchase.jpg
Cost me $6.17 for 12 months, so no big deal. So I guess now I have to learn about hosting and what is involved with Iframes. Sorry, but it's all new to me, but I would like to think that I'm a pretty quick learner.
I'm seeing a little action from 7search after about 8 hours. here's a screen shot:
7search2.jpg

Forgot to mention. This offer is paying $1.10 . So do I let it run for 22 clicks @$0.05 per click and then assume it is a losing ad? What would you guys recommend here?

1st: It's better that you don't show what offers you are promoting and all that because people will steal it if it is beeing profitable.
2nd: You have to wait at least 100 clicks before you say it doesn't convert. And remember that for that campaign to be profitable you have to get at least a 5% conversion rate. After you get the 100 clicks and if u have some conversions check your sub id's to see if you could improve the CR.

Good Luck ;)

I think he means check the keywords that you are passing in the sub id so that you know which are the better performing keywords that are resulting in conversions.

Ones that arent resulting in any conversions you might want to ditch, ones that are, keep or try to make them better.

I think he means check the keywords that you are passing in the sub id so that you know which are the better performing keywords that are resulting in conversions.

Ones that arent resulting in any conversions you might want to ditch, ones that are, keep or try to make them better.

^This

OK, thanks. That explains it adpulse_dan

I've moved the head torn PPC section. I would suggest getting at least 100 clicks and then blocking subids that are sending multiple clicks with no conversions!

K, I'm not sure what you mean by that. Here is a screen shot of the keyword report from 7search.
key words report.jpg
What do you suggest I do here? Scrap the campaign? I've got no conversions listed here, but when I go to the earnings page on Peerfly, I have 2 conversions for a total payment of $2.20. See below.
view earnings.jpg
So it seems that I have spent $5.40 to get a return of $2.20
I emailed 7search and asked them to review my first campaign and make some comments. She came back with this : Quote: "Our network does not have a very large audience for gaming so this category will take longer to convert."

What are the keywords converting? if only the "gaming" keyword is converting, I think you should remove the others that are giving you only 1 click. That's because before they reach 100 clicks or even 50 it will take a LOT of time so wait 1 day or 2 and if they don't give you much clicks remove them. For example, if only the 1st keyword converted you would only spend 3.80$, and that's almost a winner. After those few days look into your sub-id's and remove some of them that aren't converting. If you only have 1 sub-id giving you taffic (it's common), try to bid 0,04 or 0,03 instead.

Also, I know it doesn't seem "dangerous", but in the future you will see a LOT of competition because you are showing all campaign, people will only need to set up a campaign JUST like yours and the best part is that they don't need to test. Today you have 70, tomorrow you will have 35, think about it that way ;)

I would strongly suggest removing the keyword screenshot as someone may steal them, but you need to make sure your tracking sub id's on peerfly's end so you can block the non converting id's! Are you doing this? Those stats are pretty decent so far if you start blocking traffic.

Thanks David and K for the replies.
David, I'm not sure of what keywords are converting. I would guess at just the "gaming" keyword. I don't know how to track this yet. As mentioned, there is nothing in the "conv" column in the 7search keyword report.
Thanks also for the warning me about people copying my campaign. At this stage I don't really care too much. As mentioned, this is my first ever campaign and if people are that desperate to copy a beginner like me, all I can say is good luck to them and it's the blind leading the blind. I don't really care if this makes money or not. The purpose of this initial campaign is to learn the whole mechanics of the process.
Actually, by putting all this out there, all your answers to my basic questions may be of some help to people that are even newer than me to affiliate marketing!

<<<I would strongly suggest removing the keyword screenshot as someone may steal them, but you need to make sure your tracking sub id's on peerfly's end so you can block the non converting id's! Are you doing this? Those stats are pretty decent so far if you start blocking traffic. >>>

Thanks K, but as mentioned above I'm not that concerned about this initial trial campaign. I really would like to learn more about the tracking sub id's though. I followed Luke's blog on setting up the sub id's for 7search, but that's it. Do I just delete all the keywords apart from "gaming"?
Thanks again for the help.

Just learnt something else from the 7search site. Seems the ###KEYWORD### can be used in the title and the description of the text ad. See below.
keyword use.jpg
I really need to spend more time on learning this stuff!!!!

banners
Back