The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

My CPA Journey - The Beginning !

alchemyst

Get your fix Ninja!
affiliate
Hey Ninja's !! :)

I have spent months reading stuff on various forums and in CPAFix as well. I followed case studies of seoeymard and others. I found it very useful. SO i would like to track my progress with this thread.

I started 15 days back and set up a blog . I started posting quality content. I wasn't getting many views . Then i started to post very actively and also started to post comments in forums and other sites related to my niche to drive traffic. This worked like a charm. I started getting 400-500 views per day which i guess is good for a 7 day old blog. I can't t seem to find my blog in the first few pages of the google result for any possible keyword but still my blog had google traffic.

I wanted to monetize the blog. I am a member of Adworkmedia, Blam Ads and a few other PPD networks. I started to lock links on october 2nd this month. I did it only for a few posts as i didn't wanna ruin the traffic . I did get a few clikcs on my links. I used the Link Locker from AdWorkMedia.

Here is the result :

feb939f5c1950cfc43629be05061ea12.png

Please leave your suggestions guys. Will try my best to keep updating every day or every 2 days :)

Hi mate and welcome to the forums ;)

I would say 400 visits is awesome for such a fresh blog. I imagine most of your visits came from long tail searches. You can see exactly what searchers typed and from which sites your visitors came if you install google analytics on your blog. Don't worry about fining your blog on google just yet, it takes time and (SEO) effort for that.

You can check exactly which pages of your blog google already indexed. You can do this by writing site:mysite.com Of course, you would need to replace mysite.com with the URL of your site.
Also, to help google index your pages faster, ping them with services such as pingler.com.

As far as locking links - take a fine balance there, as you may loose visitors.

Firstly, welcome to the forum and good job on taking action and getting yourself going.

Such an amount of visitors on a new blog is great and it shows that hard work really does start to yield results. Smilodon has provided some excellent advice about with regards to analytics and pinging.

In terms of monetizing the blog, dependant on the niche I would (as Smilodon mentioned) take a fine balance. If there is another way that you can monetize the traffic by maybe building a list and pushing offers etc then I would go down that route first.

Either way, congrats and here's to a successful future. Keep us posted!

Hmm... Thanks guys for ur feedback !! Will sure implement them and dont mind if i PM u regarding stuff.

8 Oct 2012 :
Havent posted on my blog for a day now to see how good traffic my blog is getting. Will post today and lock only a few of the links that have converted before.
Here is the AWM Stats :
Oct8.jpg

And my Blog stats :

oct8_1.jpg

Ur feedback and suggestions are always welcome :)

Had exams the last two days so couldn't post in my blog . But am soo happy ! Got 6 leads yesterday !! My best so far. :)
Here is my AWM stats :
View attachment 353

My Blog Stats :
oct9_1.png

I havent even posted the regular content. Let me go start posting and implement some of the suggestions by Dru and Smilodon ! :)

good to hear that you are converting on your blog. keep it up and use relevent content/offers and you will do fine. I would concentrate on building a good list and promoting your offers this way. Of course you would need a good emailer service when you are ready to do so.

It was a very bad day yesterday ! Not a single lead :( And got one lead as of now today. My page views in my blog have reached 900-1000 per day ! I even get a lot of clicks in my locked link but very low conversion rate. Maybe i should get target specific traffic. Can anyone suggest how to get US,UK,CA,AU traffic?

And also how to promote videos well in youtube ? Please leave your suggestions and advice ! It wiill help me loads ! :)

AWM Stats :

oct10.jpg

Blog Stats :

oct10_1.jpg

oct10_2.jpg

Hmm.. U guys didnt seem to be intrested ! So didnt update regularly ! Anyways here u go :

AWM Stats :

20oct1.png

Blog Stats :

20oct2.jpg

maybe simple but useful advice:

see what pages on your blog people read the most. improve that page, add more content, more longtail keywords. try to put email newsletter on that page, and build email list slowly.
get some social signals. spend some time on twitter and facebook, but just research for the start, don't spam right away :) research about fan pages which are related to your blog, see people there, what they are talking about, add some comment there, just easy rollin'....
add some youtube videos on your website. maybe add some polls if you already have enough visitors. see what would maybe they like to see on your blog, find some giveaway to offer your visitors, of course with landing page and email submit, that way you'll have them on your email list..
there is a lot of ideas, just think and implement...

:O My best day ever !! Got a French download !! Too bad he downloaded a old file !! 19.5$ for a single download ! Man thats just awesome !! :D

oct30.png

Hi alchemyst, nice stuff you got there, you are doing pretty well :)
What kind of content do you provide? is it something that you are interested? (Like hobby or something)

No !! Its got nothing to do with my intrests !! Its something u need to post everyday *wink* !! And guys would surely love it :p

Oh, i see then.
Well, in my case i'm using a niche that i'm interested to even since i was a kid :)

MI
Back