The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

More than 100% CTR in Voluum?

petazetas

affiliate
Hi,

I see more than 100% CTR in some campaigns using Voluum. I attach a file with the screenshot.

Do you know if this is normal? Are a lot of users clicking several times? I can understand how this could happen.

If the landing page has an alert, when the user clicks the button to close that alert (and then they see the landing), does it count also like a click? And if the user then clicks in the offer, does it count like 2 clicks?

I have checked the devices to see if there is any bot, but i see like real devices and brands...

Thank you!

Attachments

• voluum-ctr.JPG
    voluum-ctr.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 41
I am buying traffic in PopAds.

And i have experienced this same issue in different campaigns...

Any ideas? Thank you!

Voluum's way of recording landing page clicks is, in my opinion, very bizarre and not industry standard.

In any performance setting, a 100% landing page CTR would be a perfect CTR. You can't have >100% click through rate.

With them, let's say a visitor clicks through on your landing page 10 times. Then, the next 9 visitors do not click through at all. In their interface, you would see 100% LP CTR and assume this is superb when the real story is completely different.

With Thrive, and every other application I've seen, each initial click can only generate 1 landing page click, for a maximum of 100% CTR.

That is: how many initial clicks ended up clicking through your landing page? A much more accurate and useful metric. I never understood why they would do it like that when every performance tracking platform/traffic source out there follows the standard way.

While it doesn't make much sense to see over 100% clicktrhough rate and there must be some issues with your campaign settings or the scripts you run on your landing page, theoretically, it is not impossible to have over 100% conversion rate and let me explain why.
Imagine, you have a landing page with 3 call to actions.
Then, 1 visit can generate 3 clicks, which would show as 300% CTR.
And if the visitor converts for the 3 offers, then you would have 300% conversion rate too.

It is obviously the dream scenario for an affiliate and while i imagine that this would happen in very rare cases, each conversion mus be accounted for and attributed to the relevant initial visit to your landing page.

Attribution can be seen as a "science" and standards as @ipyxelcreations would like to think, have shifted toward multiple attributions. Therefore, not being capable of counting multiple conversions or clicks, generated by an initial landing page visit can cause media buyers and affiliates to draw the wrong conclusions.

To illustrate the above example, you can also think about what is called "view through conversion", which is calculated based on visitors seeing an ad (banner) and not clicking it. They see an ad, they dont click, then they search for the product on google, go through a website/blog/review to read about the product, they visit the site via affiliate link or direct navigation, and convert.
This would count as a view through conversion, associated with an "impression ID".
Now imagine that this same "buyer" purchase multiple items on the same ecommerce website and you end up, associating the same impression id with multiple conversions.
This is being done as we speak, and those are the new "standards".

As per your particular case, I recommend you speak to the voluum support team who should be able to provide you with the proper answer regarding your settings and reports.

@trackingdesk please read my reply carefully. I never mentioned anything about tracking multiple conversions or multi-source attributions.

My only point was that for a single visit, multiple clicks on the same landing page link should be counted once only. 1000% landing page CTR makes no sense.

I make no mention of how this applies to multiple conversions. And certainly, Thrive can track very complex upsell scenarios, and multiple split test sequences in a funnel through our branches feature.

When you reply directly to a competitor and twist words, it can cause a long back and forth which is a huge waste of time for both of us, so please, I beg you if you want to call me out, then read carefully before responding and adding words I did not mean. I would appreciate it.

@ipyxelcreations i red your answer and I still think that if you have multiple call to actions on a landing page, which lead to multiple offers and that the visitor hits several of the call to action, this should be counted.

I do agree with you that it sounds weird and is hard to understand, yet you can't simply discard the clicks just because it doesn't suit you.

I didn't mean any disrespect and if I came across this way, please accept my apologies.

@trackingdesk Apology accepted.

Yes, if it is multiple offers, there should be multiple clicks. That is how Thrive handles this currently.

When there is only 1 offer, each click on the landing page only registers once no matter how many times you click it.

MI
Back