The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Monster Hurricane Ike

Linda Buquet

affiliate
Wow it's a horrible storm. I'm just glued to the weather channel tonight. Can't believe all the damage even before it fully makes landfall.

If you are in Ike's path or have family out that way, I'm praying for you.
Be safe!

I have also been watching the coverage of Hurricane Ike.

I always find it amazing how some people who are in danger will not leave. Then when they find themselves trapped they beg to be rescused putting the lives of the rescuers in danger. Sometime it is too dangerous for anyone to attempt a rescue so they are just stuck and sometimes are killed.

We will be getting what remains of the hurricane. Obviously it won't be a hurricane when it gets here, but it is predicted to bring lots of rain.

I've made sure that I will have plenty of good food on hand to eat while it is raining. Well, food that I consider to be good food.

I feel bad for the many people who are going to suffer as a result of Hurricane Ike.

Ya I was just thinking about you Larry and the fact that it's heading your way. Hope you don't lose power because then you can't be here with us and you can't make fried Spam sandwiches either. :p
(That's what came to mind of course when you said "good food" :rolleyes: ;)

I'm just almost afraid to look when I wake up in the morning.
I hope it isn't quite as bad as it appears it's going to be.

It isn't unusual for us to get the remains of hurricanes in this area. Since they need lots of warm water to fuel them, they are usually just a low pressure by the time they get here after going over so much land. They are mainly big rain events. The wind usually isn't very strong. However tornadoes sometimes develop.

I'm always prepared. While I love Spam when it is fried, Spam doesn't need to be fried in order for me to enjoy it. Some bread, Miracle Whip and Spam right out of the can is great. Plus I always keep a supply of peanut butter and jelly around.

Joe, I am in the St. Louis, Missouri area. This is shown in the upper right corner of every post that I make. That is a very large metropolitan area as you probably know.

We don't get hurricanes in this part of the country. Linda thought about me because on television they mentioned and showed maps of the various places this would be going after it left Texas and I'm in one of those areas.

In my reply I mentioned that we do get the remnants of hurricanes at times, but it is nothing like where the hurricane struck since it is no longer a hurricane when it gets to this area.

We got what was left of Hurricane Gustav and the depression that was Hurricane Ike just cleared the area a couple of hours ago.

There are low areas that have problems whenever there is a lot of rain. Most people know where those are.

I've been listening to one of my police scanners and the places where one would expect to have lots of water do have a lot of it. Some interesections are under water. Most aren't. Some business areas have 6 feet or more of water in them, but most don't. Some low lying residential area have a lot of water, but most don't.

It is bad for those who have been impacted by this, but for most people in this area it just means they might need to go a different route to get to some places they want to go but many people can get to where they are going using their normal routes.

Since this is a very large metropolitan area there will be thousands of people who are directly affected by the high water even though it isn't a problem for most people in the area. But none of what is happening can compare to what happened Texas while Ike was a hurricane.

The bigger problem will start in a day or two and last for a few days when the larger bodies of water start flooding. This would include the Missouri River and the Mississippi River. A lot more people will have big problems then, but most of the area won't be affected then either since it is such a large area. However it is obviously a big problem for those who are affected by it.

I guess this was a rather long answer to your question.

I wondered how badly Ike affected your area, but then when it seemed it was
calming down some, I forgot to ask. Thanks for the update, Larry.

banners
Back