The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

[Mobile Case Study] Explosive Landing Pages +89% ROI (Ninjas Only)

cashmoneyaffiliate

mobilecasestudy.jpg

[Mobile Case Study] Explosive Landing Pages +89% ROI

Earth, Fire and Water

So a week and a half ago i posted a mobile case study on the main board.

If you haven't already you can read it here

However i did not go into any details, as to why i thought the landing page i designed for the offer performed so well, how i IMPROVED it and how i got it to work with mobile pin submit offers.

As I stated near the end of the case study the 360 antivirus offer ended up getting pulled. When the big G brought in there new app store rules.

So I went on to promoting mobile pin submit offers. I used the same landing page in the case study to run a pin submit offer i knew other affiliates were doing volume with, but it only brought me -30% ROI after trying to optimize it.So i sat down for several hours and tried to figure out what it was that made the landing page convert so well with the app install offer and not the pin submit offer.

Affiliate marketing is so competitive now, it’s no longer good enough to create or steal a competitor's landing page, you have to understand why it works, what physiological principles are at work on the landing page in question that allow it to perform so well.

Anyway back to the story of how i improved the landing page...

I came to the conclusion that the landing page did not have enough urgency so i added a simple 5 minute countdown and BOOOOM +89% ROI. That one little addition took me from a negative to a positive ROI on a pin submit offer .

pinoffer.jpg

I was running this on zeropark and now on 2 other traffic sources. Unfortunately i can't reveal the other 2 traffic sources or the offer, as I’m still earning a nice chunk of money from it :ninja:

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

Through this experience i realized that first of all, on a mobile landing page you have very limited space 320x480 to get your point across compared with a desktop lander 1024x768 and the person viewing your lander is probably having a shit on the toilet at the same time. So you need to keep your mobile lander simple (KISS). But at the same time use physiological elements that you now work to MAXIMUM effect. The 3 most important ones i have come across so far are..

1. Benefit/Solution

Example: Remove a virus and everything will be okay or download a new version of whatsapp for better performance

2. Trust

Example: Android logo, whatsapp logo, play-store log, calling out the device/carrier the user is on or testimonials

3. A sense of urgency

Example: Strong heading, Countdown timer, offer ends in X days or only X amount remaining

mobi_lander_blueprint.jpg

ADHD Keynotes

- Top 3 elements of a good mobile landing page are, clearly stating the benefit/solution, symbols or text that instill trust and a sense of urgency.

P.S. What i’m listening to right now 50 Cent - Pilot (Explicit)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

in Zeropark, there are 4 type of campaign we can run. RON, MultiGeo, Keywords, and Targets. Which one did you use to run your offer?

Thanks
affys

Hi Cashmoneyaffiliate,

Thanks, i have another question. I notice that the conversion was not showing in my voluum tracking system and zero park account. I am not sure what mistake i have done. any idea?
This is how i setup my campaign:

i picked an offer from affiliate network and then put the link to the voluum and the voluum will generate a link. After that, i created a campaign in zero park and i put the voluum link into the campaign in Zeropark but there was no conversion shown on my voluum system.

Affys

Hi Cashmoneyaffiliate,

Thanks, i have another question. I notice that the conversion was not showing in my voluum tracking system and zero park account. I am not sure what mistake i have done. any idea?
This is how i setup my campaign:

i picked an offer from affiliate network and then put the link to the voluum and the voluum will generate a link. After that, i created a campaign in zero park and i put the voluum link into the campaign in Zeropark but there was no conversion shown on my voluum system.

Affys

Did you put your Voluum postback URL on the affiliate network side?

Congrats, cashmoneyaffiliate, that's awesome!

I just signed up for Voluum last night and plan to run a Zeropark test. Guess I don't have to ask if you think the traffic is good. :)

I've only run a couple of mobile campaigns so far and only used the supplied creatives. Judging from your posts, a unique lander performs better. Makes sense.

I love your case studies.

Did you put your Voluum postback URL on the affiliate network side?

Hi,

Hmm, would you mind to give an example on the post back link?
i am not sure the post back link i put it in is the right format.

here is the example:

http://critm.trackvoluum.com/postback?cid=(sid)&payout=(commission)

Actually, i tried to use { } on my affiliate network but they didn't accept the bracket. They only accept the above one.
http://critm.trackvoluum.com/postback?cid={sid}&payout={commission}

Any advise?

Thanks
affys

Hi Cashmoneyaffiliate,

i have also just joined Furthermobi and i have started run an offer and i still unable to get the post back url works. Tried to contact my AM but still waiting for her response. I hope to get the answer asap.
Are you able to give me an example on the post back link that we need to put into the offer page on the Affiliate Network and what is the variable should i use on the offer url that i am going to put into the Voluum system when setup a campaign?

Thanks
Affys

^^^^^^

Step 1:

Go to settings and then set up

step 1n2.png

Step 2

Copy your secure or normal postback URL (doesn't matter which one) and add

{aff_sub}
{payout}

So your URL should now look something like this
http://your tracking URL/postback?cid={aff_sub}&payout={payout}

step 3.jpg

Step 3

Go to the offer information page on your hasoffers affiliate network and add your postback URL

step4.jpg

Add {clickid} to the offer URL

clickid.jpg

Step 4

Go to your offer in voluum and select the payout auto option

step 5.jpg

P.S if you don't know how to set up a offer in voluum i suggest you read the tutorials :)

Last edited:
Wow cashmoneyaffiliate, you are really helping the others, even by taking step by step screenshots.

Anyway, I couldn't make success with zeropark. Well, maybe I am not really a fan of this type of traffic.

And for postback, I think everyone should understand the logic how it works. It actually passes the click id or subid data from conversion event back to your tracking tool or traffic source (if possible)
Every affiliate network has their unique subid and how it can be passed back to your tracking tool according to their platform.
For example hasoffer platform (furthermobi used it) with tracking tool: voluum
First you will need to pass click id from voluum to your subid of your offer url. So we need to add &aff_sub={clickid} to the end of your offer url.
Then you need to know how to set postback url. You see, you passed click id to aff_sub, then you need to know how to call this aff_sub to your postback url
And for hasoffer, some supported parameters for postback:
{aff_sub} - Affiliate sub specified in the tracking link.
{payout} - Amount paid to affiliate for conversion.

That means you need to use {aff_sub} because you put click id to &aff_sub={clickid}
So the final postback url you neet to set on your affiliate network is http://your tracking URL/postback?cid={aff_sub}&payout={payout}

I am sorry if this sounds confusing as I am not good in explaining something, but I think this is essential part on affiliate marketing, this is very important :D
cheers

Hi Cashmoneyaffiliate,

You are amazing. Thanks for the tutorial. However, i have managed to get the post back url works yesterday night after figured out for few hours.
Really appreciated for all your help.

Thanks, K. Your explaination is quite good.

You guys are excellent.

Thanks, guys

Hi affys

Yes, i run RON on all my campaigns.

After you collect data from RON campaigns, do you then move to keyword or target campaigns?

Re Voluum, I couldn't figure out how to set up the domaining when using cpa offers, so went back to Bevo for the time being. The Voluum interface looks terrific though.

After you collect data from RON campaigns, do you then move to keyword or target campaigns?

It depends on the data.

If i run a RON
campaign and get a -30% to -50% ROI right of the bat and can clearly see where the bleed is ie what targets, OS or wifi/carrier traffic is losing me the most, I will work out whether or not if i remove them if I will be in the green or not. If yes then i will keep the campaign as RON and remove whatever is not converting.

Now if it looks like a group of targets or a group of keywords are making me A LOT of the green and it would be far to much work to optimize the RON
campaign then i will split it off into a separate campaign targeted at the specific keywords or targets.

If I wanted to add HTML code for the timer etc, would i create the text on the lander in MUSE then add the html to the text some other way either via notepad or dreamweaver etc?

OR would i do ALL the text some where else?

sorry again

Last edited:
If I wanted to add HTML code for the timer etc, would i create the text on the lander in MUSE then add the html to the text some other way either via notepad or dreamweaver etc?

OR would i do ALL the text some where else?

sorry again

Yes, so you would build the landing page in muse first (imagine muse like advanced version of microsoft paint but for building websites :)) then you would add any 'custom' code like a timer in notepad or dreamweaver afterwards.

banners
Back