The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Microsoft ads tax?

StartStar

affiliate
Hello, just wanted to ask if anyone running Microsoft ads has the same experience as me.

Whenever I deposit money to my Microsoft ads account, I get charged tax immediately. So when I deposit for example $100, I will only receive about $80 in spendable money. I have never seen something like this, this is -20% ROI before even starting any ads...

Please let me know if this is always like this or am I doing something wrong?

What is your VAT rate?
Ad purchases may be subject to your VAT with that VAT remitted to your government by Microsoft --they have international lexis (for taxes).

What is your VAT rate?
Ad purchases may be subject to your VAT with that VAT remitted to your government by Microsoft --they have international lexis (for taxes).
So does that mean only some countries have to pay tax upfront? I basically have no chance to compete against those who get all the money they deposit vs me who lose 20% before even starting?

Not US persons when their domiciled state's sales tax is not on services --only physical products (that's me! yay)
The EU guys came out strong for digital goods tax liability 10 years ago --came back to bite --did it?
The EU wanted to VAT Tax all its citizens at their domiciled (home nation's) rate.
How's that workin' out?

Your government puts you at a disadvantage in the global marketplace --bottom line.
Ok so back to day job :(

Not US persons when their domiciled state's sales tax is not on services --only physical products (that's me! yay)
The EU guys came out strong for digital goods tax liability 10 years ago --came back to bite --did it?
The EU wanted to VAT Tax all its citizens at their domiciled (home nation's) rate.
How's that workin' out?

Your government puts you at a disadvantage in the global marketplace --bottom line.

Not my doing
confused-face.gif

Of course not :) I am just depressed for long time, now even more. Spent about $1k on ads just to find out I cant even compete.

It gets even worse
Any ad referral from your pre taxed ad --that person pays VAT on his purchase to his state in EU.

Do you have a VAT resale ID #?
The ads may be exempt as a COG in the product that you will pay net taxes on --you marketing business
**consulting an accountant in you tax jurisdiction is probably the best way.
I am running ads to the US only anyways, nothing in the EU.

Doesn't matter you are being taxed as a consumer.
Microsoft will probably accept a VAT number (resale cert) and not tax you.
Every real business has to have a VAT number (resale cert) so they can tax your business profits as income.
Are you a registered business? gotcha ...
**I used to work at a webcam business BV we always got this from cam studios and many affiliates.
Ok I just figured it out... If I dont want to pay that extra 20% I need to enter my VAT number, and for that I need to open a company if I understand it correctly...
I dont have a business yet, I first wanted to get a feeling for it before opening one.

It gets even worse
Any ad referral from your pre taxed ad --that person pays VAT on his purchase to his state in EU.

Do you have a VAT resale ID #?
The ads may be exempt as a COG in the product that you will pay net taxes on --you marketing business
**consulting an accountant in you tax jurisdiction is probably the best way.

Doesn't matter you are being taxed as a consumer.
Microsoft will probably accept a VAT number (resale cert) and not tax you.
Every real business has to have a VAT number (resale cert) so they can tax your business profits as income.
Are you a registered business? gotcha ...
**I used to work at a webcam business BV we always got this from cam studios and many affiliates.

Here its not that big of a deal (US) 'land of opportunity' since 1776 :p
DBA, Business bank account, IRS EIN $10 or $20 and a day or two to get 'organized' to be minimally functional.

In Europe clerks, paper work and fees, fees, lawyers ....

We moved the cam site BV corp offshore ( Caribbean ) because of the NL tax issues.

regarding Facebook

The government will be installing tax deposit locking lids on toilets next: Pay your shit tax or else!

banners
Back