The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Marketing Advice Required: London Taxi Company

alexpnn

affiliate
HI ,

We are a taxi company Hummingbird Cars in London. We provide Airport Transfer service from all london airports.

We have recently started our new business and we want our business to grow and make more revenue. Can anyone suggest which is the best form of marketing which we can use.

Thank you

Alex

I would start with a small market research. E. g. offer to your clients some bonus or discount in exchange for filling in short survey. In the survey, ask them how they decide which taxi company they use.

From my own experience, when I need a taxi I simply go to the first taxi driver who I see. So I think that offline marketing will be more suitable for your company, however it is only my own experience and you should to make the market research to be sure.

Btw. I have been in London a few days ago. I was in Luton airport and was looking for the option how to get to my hotel. The first solution was easybus company which has an office in the arrival hall. If I would see your office there it is possible I would use your taxi company :)

Hi there,

I'm not sure I agree - research has shown that the average college student in the US does not look in the yellowpages for information - they start with Google!

It's definitely worth looking at online marketing for your company - maybe combined with an offline tactic? Run a competition, giving away something small (or even discounts on taxi fares!) and require entrants to provide their email details and so on.

Then you can email them a special offer, or let them book a taxi online, via Facebook or email or something. Convenience is key, and after all, who does not have a web enabled phone these days?

Ciao,

Tamara

MI
Back