The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Managed cloud hosting: Cloudways + DigitalOcean - deciding on hosting

@Freddy63

What would you suggest to go with? Are Vultr and Digital Ocean resellers? It's clear to me that CloudWays is a reseller but for the added cost they do the server menagement that's why I was so excited to have stumbled upon them. I thought that hiring a dedicated server menager would be more expensive than go with CloudWays. Am I right?

First of all I'm sorry to have missed this interesting discussion. I don't have much experience with CloudWays. I think it's a great service. But it's not for everyone. If you're looking to host a personal blog let's say a WordPress blog, CloudWays is a great choice. Because they give a ready to go server with WordPress installed on it within minutes. A blog doesn't need much attention. I have my blog hosted on a $10 Vultr server. It doesn't get much traffic. Just crossing 30K visits a month. And I don't remember the last time I had trouble with it or even logged in to the server. Servers are 99% of the time "set it and forget it". They rarely run into problems. And when it does, a robot can't fix it. It's interesting to see if CloudWays support shows the same interest then.

And I must say that most of managed services they say they offer are automated. No one actually work on your server to set it up. No one checks if it's working as it suppose to be. That's why they can offer their services for that price. And when you want to install something other than their one-click installations, you'll have to do it yourself or hire someone. Or may be pay CloudWays staff to do it? I'm not sure, but that is how these businesses work. They certainly don't wanna do it for free. They only have $3 margin on a $13 server. Let's add couple more bucks if they have deals with providers. It's still impossible to for someone to attend to your server issues with that margin of profit.

Better option is to have a sysadmin setup a server for you from a provider like DigitalOcean or Vultr. That way, your requirements and your server gets necessary attention from a professional even for a couple of hours. And you might not want to hire someone for a long time.

Last edited:
banners
Back