The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Making Lander similar to the offer page, Is it possible?

mrbeginner

affiliate
Sometimes, Its recommended that we make landing pages similar to the offer page, can we take a screenshot of the offer page and make landing pages similar to the offer? i dont know if that's even possible? If it is, Would that help in Better Conversion?

I'd always keep them similar otherwise the user will think it's a straight offer or scam.

Try keep colours etc similar but your main objective of the landing page is to get a click through to the offer.

Hi mrbeginner ,

Crysper has been introducing us to his great tool recently, the LPOptimizer. Give it a go and see what crysper has developed for us all.

Also, as far as copying the merchants page or offer page. This is done often, but keep in mind that this is done by many. I recommend you do not limit yourself to this. I think it is a good idea to first research other campaigns on your offer to see what types of landing pages are working best.

I think most of us do develop several versions of landing pages including pages that mimic the offer page. Remember that when using your own landing pages, you will often be required to have it approved by the merchant. This can be determined by reading the details regarding landing pages in the offer details available in your network. If your landers need approval, you generally submit them to your AM in the network and they in turn then present them to the merchant for approval. For this reason, any landing page that mimics the offer page should not include any of the original offer page copyrighted graphics or material. Make it similar, but do not use their pictures and do not copy every thing exactly. Make everything a little different from the original.

In addition, when you research other campaigns, you will see many landing pages that are far different than the offer page. Sometimes it's more productive. The only way to find out what works best is to try several different forms based on the results of your research.

I recommend getting to know crysper's LPOptimizer, PhotoShop, Artisteer, Komposer, and a good ftp program like Filezilla.

Hi mrbeginner ,

Crysper has been introducing us to his great tool recently, the LPOptimizer. Give it a go and see what crysper has developed for us all.

Also, as far as copying the merchants page or offer page. This is done often, but keep in mind that this is done by many. I recommend you do not limit yourself to this. I think it is a good idea to first research other campaigns on your offer to see what types of landing pages are working best.

I think most of us do develop several versions of landing pages including pages that mimic the offer page. Remember that when using your own landing pages, you will often be required to have it approved by the merchant. This can be determined by reading the details regarding landing pages in the offer details available in your network. If your landers need approval, you generally submit them to your AM in the network and they in turn then present them to the merchant for approval. For this reason, any landing page that mimics the offer page should not include any of the original offer page copyrighted graphics or material. Make it similar, but do not use their pictures and do not copy every thing exactly. Make everything a little different from the original.

In addition, when you research other campaigns, you will see many landing pages that are far different than the offer page. Sometimes it's more productive. The only way to find out what works best is to try several different forms based on the results of your research.

I recommend getting to know crysper's LPOptimizer, PhotoShop, Artisteer, Komposer, and a good ftp program like Filezilla.

Hi TJ,

i wish affiliateFix had 100/1000/10000 likes to give...I would give the maximum likes to you just like that. :)

Thats a wonderful advise, BTW if i make my own LP or if i mimic them, i have seen there are Innovators, Imitators & Idiots, as given in hxxp://blog.ads.pof.com/. Unless i know the LP i made would convert....the whole effort would be a big loss, cuz therz Money & efforts invested, also would have to take care of that..Right?

Cuz i have seen so many different offers with different Affiliate ID's having similar LP's

So....“First come the innovators, who see opportunities that others don’t. Then come the imitators, who copy what the innovators have done. And then come the idiots, whose avarice undoes the very innovations they are trying to use to get rich”. Right?

Since i am a beginner here, therz too many things running in my mind currently, this is again a big question(?)...lol.

So what should work, Making my own LP at a beginner stage-->(thats where i am now) and having my whole attention there/ Try direct Linking / Copy other affiliates LP's?

Hi TJ,
if i make my own LP or if i mimic them, i have seen there are Innovators, Imitators & Idiots, as given in hxxp://blog.ads.pof.com/. Unless i know the LP i made would convert....the whole effort would be a big loss, cuz therz Money & efforts invested, also would have to take care of that..Right?

You need to understand that at every level of this business there are winning campaigns and losing campaigns. We all, beginners and experienced alike, have wins and losses. You cannot let the fear of loss dictate your next move. If you do, then you will have already lost. You must understand that the whole purpose of creating multiple angles, ads, and campaigns, is to separate the winners from the losers through your split testing. There is no "crystal Ball" that can tell any of us what wins and what loses before we make a campaign active. I can only speak to imitators and innovators, they both can win and they both can lose. I suggest a blend of two for now. You must develop the right side of your brain (the creative side) by doing both for now. As for idiots, well I refrain speaking ill of people because it is inappropriate in my mind. I've been an idiot at many moments in my life, but that doesn't make me an idiot. Here are two explanations of idiot. One by Wiki and the other by Webster:

1. An idiot, dolt, or dullard is an intellectually disabled person, or someone who acts in a self-defeating or significantly counterproductive way.
2. usually offensive : a person affected with extreme mental retardation

I never want to express this about another individual. One of the hardest things to do in life is to NOT judge others. It's taken me decades to truly wrap my brain around this and live by it. I spent far too many of my early years behaving in this manner and I will always regret it. Depak Chopra has an exercise for this. It's harder than you might think. I dare everyone to try it. Sit in a quiet space, very quiet and where you will not be interrupted. For 30 minutes let your thoughts go wherever they want, but you cannot let yourself judge anything. Not a fly, not a spec of dust, not another human, or animal, or instance of any kind. I don't' know anyone that has successfully prevented judgmental thoughts the first few dozen attempts and many can never do it. However, everyone does begin to reduce the number of judgmental instances in their respective lives when they implement this practice in their lives on a daily basis. You will begin to naturally examine your thoughts and words every time you have a thought after practicing this regularly. Your mind will become trained to automatically remind you when your are judging anything. (Okay, I get on rants sometimes, this just happens to push my button sometimes).

Cuz i have seen so many different offers with different Affiliate ID's having similar LP's
Yes, we use many methods and tools to spy on what is working out there and then we "knock it off". This is part of imitation. Like I said, this is part of the equation. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It usually stops working because of saturation resulting in ad, banner, and landing page blindness. Keep in mind, often, if you wait a while after an angle stops working, it can be re-introduced and may start working again for a while.

First come the innovators, who see opportunities that others don’t.
I would agree that innovators are typically first at something, but it's not usually because they see an opportunity first, it's usually because they see an angle (perspective) first and are to correctly express it in their ads and landing pages. I frequently find angles that innovators are not succeeding with because they aren't presenting the angle in a fashion that will be productive. Sometimes it's their ads, sometimes it's their landing page copy and/or graphics. Very often I see them blasting the wrong demographics with a new angle.

Since i am a beginner here, therz too many things running in my mind
So simply put, you can control this by having a binder where you can have all of your goals outlined, your tasks outlined, everything outlined. When I begin a new project, I use a project sheet I developed for myself. It has a checklist with everything I must do to launch a new campaign. I also have one to keep track of where I am at with training materials, and another I use for where I am at with my research.That way I always know where I am at with any process. I do this with everything. When you have many things going on at the same time, these simple steps keep everything organized and tell you exactly where you are with everything.

So what should work, Making my own LP at a beginner stage-->(thats where i am now) and having my whole attention there/ Try direct Linking / Copy other affiliates LP's?
We all learn by imitating, we all exceed yesterdays successes by innovation, and we all use try every path to see what works. Don't leave anything out, and remember to drop the losing campaigns, or copy, or graphics, or demographics.

MI
Back