The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Make $10,897.60 Right After Christmas.

ianternet

make1089760rightafterchristmas.jpg

Make $10,897.60 Right After Christmas.

This is a case study on how this year I made $10k+ on weight loss offers straight after Christmas.

Holiday Season

So this is a perfect case study on how to start making money online right after the holiday season. The biggest thing people talk about is what to promote and what I like to do is take advantage of a marketing calendar. A marketing calendar is a basically taking advantage of seasonal items during the year. For example You should get ready for Christmas while Thanksgiving is being prepped. You should prep for February Valentines day in mid January, etc.

Lots of big box businesses do this. If you walk into a store you will see niche specific items on their shelves base on the month and base on the year. This case study will take advantage of the weight loss industry and I do it literally right after Christmas.

First here is a screenshot of my earnings.

Account Overview.jpg

As you can see it result in immediate ROI, because I don't wait till New Years, the next holiday people think right after Christmas is their New Years resolution. I take advantage of thinking from the users.

I utilize multiple traffic sources for this about 9 traffic sources total and I sent about 156511 clicks to my landing page. My landing page is a news compliant page which tells a story of a person who lost weight. There is a book by Seth Gdin, "All Marketers are Liars" which shows the power of marketing through story telling.

In any case, my landing page basically told a story of how a person lost weight in 30 days, and I showed the product on the page to show what she was using.

The offer I promoted is my own internal offer: Garcinia Cambogia but any weight loss offer from any affiliate network will work because its a weight loss pill and it is about the story in the landing page that will get users to carry over and convert.

Spend/Conversions

Let break down my spend and conversions by day:

Breakdown Overview.jpg

As you can see each day I am profitable right after Christmas day at a high of 144% ROI. These traffic sources I utilize are 10 traffic sources in where I only am interested in the cheapest clicks possible. One of the traffic source is Bing Ads Search and Content while the others are contextual links and display advertising. These sources are very popular among big marketers and tend to make sure we can get our ads in front of users.

Each day is different and you should optimize each day as if it was it own traffic source.

Landing Page Concept

I decided to go with a new article style landing page. This landing page is very compliant as I state that this page is an advertorial page. I also have a disclaimer at the bottom making it aware to users that this page is fake and is meant to advertise to the end user.

Here is a screenshot of an example landing page, I used and modified:

19decoder-ftc-acai-blog480.jpg

avilean-fake-news-site.jpg

Why this style works

This is a popular style landing page to use because it tells a story. A popular book that I have read and I recommend you grab is called "All Marketers are Liars" by Seth Godin. It talks about story telling and how people do not want to know your features but how they can relate to the story. It is how the human psychosis works.

A lot of people do not buy a product because of its features but they buy and react on the buying decisions because they can relate to it. For example, take a clear water bottle. Name a feature of that water bottle. My first reaction to it would be the bottle is clear, that is a feature. How a person can relate is by adjusting the feature to a relation with the end user. The bottle gives you the ability to see on the the water and watch for any abnormalities prior to drinking. Big difference.

I am going to break it down even more, it is literally just about 2 days of full dedicated work and once that is done it is all about scaling and finding more traffic.

Day 1 - December 20

I research a bunch of ads that was already running on popular traffic sources such as Google Adwords. I have my own tools such as SEMRush which can help speed the process of this much faster. I simply enter the keyword I am researching, specifically this is a trend that has been going on. Garcinia Cambogia. Dr. Oz spoke about this about a month ago and it has been picking up speed lately and I decided to go a head and do research on it. After I found some ads that I saw that were converting, I copied the lander and found the offer.

You can run my specific Garcinia Cambogia offer on CrushAds.com it is the networks exclusive. Since this case study is base off the Garcinia offer you can use the exact offer I was running.

CrushAds is a very private network but you can sign up here: CrushAds

Once I found the PPC ads that I constantly saw, I copied them and saved the in a text file. I then started to search out banner images and ads. I also use a program called WhatRunsWhere to help me with this, but you can scour the internet and find banners on popular sites such as weather.com cnn.com etc.

I found the banners that I have seen repeatedly and saved them for edits in the next couple days. Most of the time you do not need to adjust the banners, since these banners are seen everywhere you want to try to keep the original state of the banners. If these banners are everywhere means that it is working because advertisers are spending money to make sure their ads are number one and spending money to make sure it is always visible to users.

Day 2 - December 22

Installing tracker and adjusting my landing pages that I have copied to make sure all the codes are properly installed. Tracking is very important, I suggest you find a great tracker that is not out of date. There are several ones out there but you want to make sure the code is up to date.

When looking for a tracker you want to make sure it will decipher the numbers properly for you. When I talk about numbers I want the tracker to tell me my EPCs, CPCs, Conversions, and CTRs.

Once your tracker is properly installed you want to make sure that you populate the tracking link properly so you can change your competitors tracking link (the landing page you copied) with your own link you have generated from your tracking platform. If you do not change all the links the right way then you will lose out on the commissions. This is important and most crucial, if this is not done properly then risk the lost of potential income.

Next is to setup the traffic source. I started with BING for this campaign. Bing will accept health traffic as long as you have a presale page, and that is the page we just fixed. Making sure the links are our links and making sure it redirects properly. The ads is very simple because we already copied someone else ads since it was already working. You can tweak it a bit but most of the time I do not do it. I would make several campaigns for this offer with different ads.

Now this is the most time consuming part of his campaign. My strategy is to bid on keywords like diet, news, health news, etc. These keywords are broad but are exact and phrase targeted. Now all you have to do is put these on the content network of Bing. Once that is done just make sure you have a broad enough keyword range and this is where the keyword research tools comes in to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on the nice earnings!

View attachment 742

Most of the time you do not need to adjust the banners, since these banners are seen everywhere you want to try to keep the original state of the banners. If these banners are everywhere means that it is working because advertisers are spending money to make sure their ads are number one and spending money to make sure it is always visible to users.

I've always been paranoid about using other people's banners because I was under the impression that it could get you kicked off the advertising network if they find out you're using someone else's original work. Am I being overly concerned here? Obviously it worked out in this case, but I'm wondering if this is a risk worth considering.

Hey Ian,

Firstly congrats on your success with the weightloss/diet affiliate programs.

I'm trying the same, but instead of ppc i'm thinking about SEO.

I never used Bing for PPC, i would like to know more about your campaign.

Can you share more stuff related to this Campaign? ex: bidding price, traffic, ctr and conversions etc..

bidding prices are usually started high to help with CTR but that plays a role with your ad. so you have to make sure you have a great ad to compensate with your spend. if not then you might want to look at just arbitrage traffic which is getting the cheapest traffic or clicks possible. will that be beneficial to your offer maybe not but it depends on how attractive your ad is going to be

the CTR you can see in the screenshot above and the and my avg cpc as well. the second screenshot should show you my full stats on epc to cpc to ctr

Hey Ian,

Firstly congrats on your success with the weightloss/diet affiliate programs.

I'm trying the same, but instead of ppc i'm thinking about SEO.

I never used Bing for PPC, i would like to know more about your campaign.

Can you share more stuff related to this Campaign? ex: bidding price, traffic, ctr and conversions etc..

I've always been paranoid about using other people's banners because I was under the impression that it could get you kicked off the advertising network if they find out you're using someone else's original work. Am I being overly concerned here? Obviously it worked out in this case, but I'm wondering if this is a risk worth considering.
I have the exact same concern. As a newbie, I have to ask. Is it common in the CPA and affiliate business to steal another advertiser's banner and landing page design and copy?

Hey Ian, I see that weight loss worked out for you well on Bing. Are there any other solid niches that work with Bing as a traffic sources that you could share? I heard that certain niches don't convert well on Bing like they do on other traffic sources.

the question is why fix something that is not broken? I have been a an affiliate and I have had multiple banners landing pages stolen from my hard work. it is going to happen to a successful campaign period. there is nothing anyone can really do about it. that is why there are multiple ad spy tools out there to watch and mimic the competition. I also wouldn't take a banner exactly I would try to weak it a bit and test if my changes will make a higher conversion. this industry is very fast moving and sometimes to catch up you need to copy.

as far as weight loss on bing, anything will work just put in the effort. obviously some niches will do better than others but that is all base on you testing the offer until you know that it has failed. there are multiple variables to test to make sure that the campaign can be successful or this campaign has failed. test.

Hi Ian, love the case study. I'm curious as to which cloaking software you used for this?

depends on the traffic source. most of the time I dont have to cloak but if its on a 'social' traffic source then I have to cloak. any banner buys I usually dont have to cloak and I also have my own tracking platform which has its own AI coded in it which will auto cloak base again on the traffic.

MI
Back