The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Luke's Dojo Journal

ProfitHacks

affiliate
Hello Guys,

This is my second follow along my other is on the STM forum, my first journal was a success (in my eyes) no money gained only a little lost but ALOT learnt. Free data, free learning’s.

But, that was in the adult market, I’m now looking at mobile. I have spoken to other newbie’s forum and on Facebook and they seem to have a lot more success in mobile than other markets they have tried.
I was first put off mobile as it seemed like a steep learning curve which I still think it is, but I feel a lot more comfortable now.
So,

Offer
I’ve had a chat with my AM about some offers and we have decided to tackle a sweepstakes offer which is giving away a voucher for a particular store, with Christmas coming up I thought It would be a great choice. Payout $2.

Angle
Xmas related

Banners
I have knocked 7 up, totally different – branded to non-branded, specific to broad type banners so they really vary.

Tracking
Volumm

Traffic
Decisive.

I intend to update this thread as much as possible with better structure than my other thread, I often use my mobile to update my journal so it can get a little messy but I will try and keep journal posts strictly desktop only to make things easy for you guys to read.

This journal has come at the perfect time as I have 3 weeks off work; I’m switching Jobs so they have put me on Garden Leave, which means 3 weeks off with pay.

The Job I’m going to is well paid but the hours are dreadful and kill my family & social life, which I hate. I have been full time IM before (around a year) until Google changed the algorithms so you can imagine the pain I had to go through to go back and work for someone else.

So, after a few sleepless nights due to excitement, I finally got this setup and running.

The banners I created all got denied except for one, the reason they were denied was due to them looping more than 3 times. One got left approved and instead of waiting 12 more hours to start driving some traffic I thought fuck it and run with the one banner just to see what the data would plan out like.

And here it is....

So, not fantastic, but I wasnt to worried about this, at the moment.

What REALLY bothered me was this, The clicks that I did get, didn't produce 1 click through to the offer. (ignore the one, that was me)

Now, the reason why this really fucked me off was because, the lander was the thing I was most excited about, I got the template from a proven affiliate and adapted it slightly. (I pay for a membership to his website where he uploads banners and lander's etc, @cashmoneyaffiliate

Here is the live lander : Retailers Christmas Competition.

Now, I know this is very early days, but to have ZERO clicks to the offer seems crazy to me.

Please share your thoughts.

Last edited:
I leave decisive because of really big competition :confused: I wasnt able to get only one conversion for even if i spend 10 times offer payout

So,

I decided to give the offer & angle another shot, got hold of a steps type lander (single page) instead of a long rules one previously shown. This had a MASSIVE effect on the CTR on the lander. As you can see below...

There stats are from when I restarted the campaign, with the new banners and lander.

Here is the Decisive data (this is data from all day, with the original 1 banner, then me later adding the other banners)

Here is the ads data...

So, $20 spend and not a single conversion yet.

Apparently is one of the hottest offers on Adsimilis, But my AM says it is doing really well with pop traffic.

What do you think I should do? Keep going?

My Lander - Home

You landing page probably has too much copy. You should cut it down some, but so that it still makes sense.

When I view your lander on a mobile device, some of the CTA's are getting cut off. You are going to want them all on the screen so the user doesn't have to scroll to see all their options.

Hi Guys,

As you could probably tell, I stopped running this campaign - I'm not a huge fan of decisive - I'm currently running on different sources and having lot more success. Thanks for checking in though.

MI
Back