The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Looking for Targeted Traffic for CB Affiliate offers for Weight Loss or Dieting

John Rivera

affiliate
Hi Guys,

This is my first post. I wanted to start advertising a weight loss affiliate offer that I found on clickbank.

I tried Pinterest and not only was my ad rejected but my acct. was suspended.

Then, I tried RevContent and my payment method was denied, don't know why.

So, I just want to start running some ads to test landing page, ad copy etc.

So, where can I do that with out spending a fortune?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

P.S. This is all new to me so please be patient with me while I learn.

Buy what type ads? PPC? that will not work.
Those are difficult type ads to place with many sites.
CPM, Banner, native maybe some push?
Here's a bump.
What payment method? Major credit card or paypal usually works ...
Requests for information without any specifics don't get answered

Buy what type ads? PPC? that will not work.
Those are difficult type ads to place with many sites.
CPM, Banner, native maybe some push?
Here's a bump.
What payment method? Major credit card or paypal usually works ...
Requests for information without any specifics don't get answered

Trying to get targeted traffic to my landing page. Don't know what type of advertising I should be using. Any suggestions?

The card was a debit card.

Some bank debit cards, even if MasterCard or VISA branded, will not work for international transactions.
You can try using PayPal as a middle-man some ad networks charge you for credit card transaction -- PayPal is usually more. Cost of doing business.

'my' landing page means?
  1. an offer's landing page; or,
  2. a pre-landing (prelander) page that you made?
Either way, maybe 1K pops --just to test server performance and user interaction. Then some display ads. A few thousand impressions for each creative 1-2-3 versions (a<=>b) or multi-variate. Will that offer convert or is it a dud? Only by some testing (and slowly at first) will you know.

A landing page I created on my site going to affiliate offer page. I'm using the landing page to collect email addresses.

So your saying I should try pop-ups or pop-unders and then banner ads?

Some bank debit cards, even if MasterCard or VISA branded, will not work for international transactions.
You can try using PayPal as a middle-man some ad networks charge you for fee of a credit card transaction -- PayPal is usually more. Cost of doing business.

'my' landing page means?
  1. an offer's landing page; or,
  2. a pre-landing (prelander) page that you made?
Either way, maybe 1K pops --just to test server performance and user interaction. Then some display ads. A few thousand impressions for each creative 1-2-3 versions (a<=>b) or multi-variate. Will that offer convert or is it a dud? Only by some testing (and slowly at first) will you know.

Last edited:
Popups/unders are, (or can be), a good server resources test -- but you need to understand the server logs.
Are you using a VPS type server? Can you read a log?

Virtual servers (cheap Shared hosting) is no good for any intense traffic loads.

I'm using shared web hosting by Namecheap. I'm not so worried about server load as much as gauging the landing page and/or ads conversion. Or am I doing this wrong? What would you suggest?

I can always change hosting if needed. I'm considering using Cloudways.

What type of advertising would you recommend for someone just starting out with a limited budget?

I like to be able to measure the traffic that the network reports and what my landing page actually receives.
Most people do this with a tracking program. Commonly called a "tracker".
I am not familiar with Cloudways -- took a look; interesting concept.
You need a fast host for your images or landing pages if you buy a few 1000 images or pops /day.
Type of advertising has a lot to do with what you are trying to sell and how you want to do it.

It's like a auto dashboard -- if the only thing there is the radio and the fuel gauge you are driving blind -- well you can see out the windshield (not to hit anything).

see: What is Affiliate Marketing? (START HERE)

Spend some time learning about the methodology before you buy advertising -- especially if you don't have a lot of capital to waste.

Aside: I am at a loss to see the motivation of a person to email subscribe for a weight loss type offer. What is in it for the SUBSCRIBER? What is in it for THEM? If it is some special discount code with an email -- then maybe ...

I offer them a free video. If that doesn't covert well then I have a free report to offer for their email.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm going thru the guide right now. I think I'm going to start with Yahoo Gemini.

P.S. Wouldn't you want to build your email list — collect email address then send click to the offer?

Popups/unders are, (or can be), a good server resources test -- but you need to understand the server logs.
Are you using a VPS type server? Can you read a log?

Virtual servers (cheap Shared hosting) is no good for any intense traffic loads.

Hi, John.

Glad you're getting started with things.

Re various ways to promote a diet product/program, you can have a look at what some other people have done. Ignore the posts in the Business Centre and Resource forums. The other, regular posts in the Newbie Helpdesk, Case Studies, Native Ads, Online Journeys, etc. may prove helpful to you.

Search Results for Query: how to promote diet offer | Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix

Re your hosting, I agree with @Graybeard, you need to have fast load times. You can use AWS for free (not sure but I think it's free for a year....something like that).

One of our mods, @tyoussef posted a tutorial on how to upload landers. One of the tutorial videos in the thread is about how to upload them to Amazon AWS, so that's something you can do to increase your page load speed and it won't cost you anything to get started. Might be a good solution for that part of things.

Tutorial Step-By-Step: how to create and host your landing page, the right way.

Not if it causes a page drop off (bounce rate increase) lowering the pre-landing page's CTR <<< the real objective.
Maybe, an optional email offering of some diet tips type related content might work but I would allow a 'No Thanks' easy way out --not stopping the click through action.

Harvesting emails is more a function of Facebook Groups (social media groups in general) and website or blog newsletters.

Advertising some offer with an ad, a pre-landing page as a filter and a click through to the selling page (or website) is more of a 'smash and grab operation' <<< You don't want to put unneeded steps in the person's way once he is sold on the idea (or concept, value); in your case -- a sure thing weight loss -- worth the cost risk.

Hi Graybeard,

Thanks for all the advise, I do appreciate it very much. Just to make sure we're on the same page I'm not doing CPA affiliate marketing, I'm doing more traditional affiliate marketing where you send them to a squeeze page, collect their email address then send to the offer.

I like to be able to measure the traffic that the network reports and what my landing page actually receives.
Most people do this with a tracking program. Commonly called a "tracker".
I am not familiar with Cloudways -- took a look; interesting concept.
You need a fast host for your images or landing pages if you buy a few 1000 images or pops /day.
Type of advertising has a lot to do with what you are trying to sell and how you want to do it.

It's like a auto dashboard -- if the only thing there is the radio and the fuel gauge you are driving blind -- well you can see out the windshield (not to hit anything).

see: What is Affiliate Marketing? (START HERE)

Spend some time learning about the methodology before you buy advertising -- especially if you don't have a lot of capital to waste.

Aside: I am at a loss to see the motivation of a person to email subscribe for a weight loss type offer. What is in it for the SUBSCRIBER? What is in it for THEM? If it is some special discount code with an email -- then maybe ...

Hi, John.

Glad you're getting started with things.

Re various ways to promote a diet product/program, you can have a look at what some other people have done. Ignore the posts in the Business Centre and Resource forums. The other, regular posts in the Newbie Helpdesk, Case Studies, Native Ads, Online Journeys, etc. may prove helpful to you.

Search Results for Query: how to promote diet offer | Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix

Re your hosting, I agree with @Graybeard, you need to have fast load times. You can use AWS for free (not sure but I think it's free for a year....something like that).

One of our mods, @tyoussef posted a tutorial on how to upload landers. One of the tutorial videos in the thread is about how to upload them to Amazon AWS, so that's something you can do to increase your page load speed and it won't cost you anything to get started. Might be a good solution for that part of things.

Tutorial Step-By-Step: how to create and host your landing page, the right way.

Hi Azgold,

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm going through it right now. Think I'll setup AWS account and possibly move my hosting to them.

Will try the search query you suggested.

Thanks!

P.S. Wouldn't you want to build your email list — collect email address then send click to the offer?
Not if it causes a page drop off (bounce rate increase) lowering the pre-landing page's CTR <<< the real objective.
Maybe, an optional email offering of some diet tips type related content might work but I would allow a 'No Thanks' easy way out --not stopping the click through action.

Harvesting emails is more a function of Facebook Groups (social media groups in general) and website or blog newsletters.

Advertising some offer with an ad, a pre-landing page as a filter and a click through to the selling page (or website) is more of a 'smash and grab operation' <<< You don't want to put unneeded steps in the person's way once he is sold on the idea (or concept, value); in your case -- a sure thing weight loss -- worth the cost risk.

Hi John,

how's it going? Have you started running your campaigns?

Let us know if you need some help!

Cheers,
Jonathan

Hi Guys,

This is my first post. I wanted to start advertising a weight loss affiliate offer that I found on clickbank.

I tried Pinterest and not only was my ad rejected but my acct. was suspended.

Then, I tried RevContent and my payment method was denied, don't know why.

So, I just want to start running some ads to test landing page, ad copy etc.

So, where can I do that with out spending a fortune?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

P.S. This is all new to me so please be patient with me while I learn.
Try a solo ads campaign.... 50 clicks for $20. Udimi

Hi, there!
You choose a profitable vertical!
Have you tried EvaDav?
Publishers can use push notifications as an additional source of income for your site, thus x2 your revenue.
For advertisers, EvaDav has quality traffic in all GEOs. You can test your ad campaigns for as little as $100.
Good luck!

MI
Back