The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Looking for opinions on personal blog websites

Adammo

affiliate
Hi all,

I still consider myself to be a bit of a newbie with affiliate marketing but have began my first niche website over the past few days. I tend to over analyze things, and last night was no exception haha :).

I began thinking about the various different advice that I have received...following your interests/passions, create a website that provides benefit to users, etc. I started thinking...is it possible to create a personal website blog that still provides benefit to users? When I tend to look for information, I normally do not visit personal blog type sites.

I guess i'm wondering what most do. In my opinion the best way to create a good website is by writing about what you know and adding good intelligent content, but the best way to make a profitable site is to create useful static information like product reviews, etc (stuff that does not change). I am just having a tough time understanding how to combine the two. I would be turned away by a personal blog type website if they were trying to mention products every few posts.

My thought was to write about something I like, add some good content, and then add a few advertisement banners on the right hand side of my WordPress blog. Unfortunately, most of my content is "not new", but I do believe it provides a use although it can be found elsewhere.

Anyways, just wanted to see what others thought.

Thanks!

Not new does not mean not unique. What your site shows is a topic or product from your point of view and thats pretty unique. As long as you are generating your own content

On the useful content blog question, a lot of really successful blogs gain their readership by posting useful informative posts on their industry. Useful content is one of the crucial components of a successful blog.

If you optimize the blog well for the search engines, then people willl find your blog

Thank you for the reply, it makes perfect sense. Right now I have been concentrating on the blog aspect of my site and only have a few static links of information. My original thinking was that if I successfully pull readers into the blog that it would increase traffic.

But now I am thinking that my time spent blogging may not be the most efficient use of time. If I have a few blog readers purchase items through my links, how likely are they to do that repeatidly? My thinking is the chances are very slim. So now I think I should be concentrating on more useful content directed more towards keyword searches my static links.

Thoughts??

dont write about what you like instead you should write about what will bring in more money and your love for money will also make you to like doing what fetches in the money.

banners
Back