The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

[Live Case Study] Make Money With YouTbe And CPA

anes2010

affiliate
Hi Guys how is everything?
Last week I shared my experience on how I made over 100$ using YouTube and CPA (You can find it here or from my signature) and I thought it would be cool to share how I did it with a live case study I like to call it (Pat Flynn style):p.
So what I am gonna do is I am going to create a video from scratch and I will promote a CPA offers with that video.
My goal is to get that video to the first page of Google and YouTube for the targeted keyword.
So lets get started:

Day 1(1/30/2013):
Yesterday I did some keyword research and I found a good niche without any video on the first page of Google it was "Online Backup"
according to Semrush this keyword is getting more than 18000 searches from US alone so it is very profitable and I decided to target this keyword
I created a video around online backup services how they work and I reviewed one of the online backup services called MyPCbackup I included my affiliate link in the description I uploaded it and here is the link of the video
What is Online Backup ? I MyPCbackup Review [HD] - YouTube
(please review my video and see if there is any grammatical or spelling mistakes as I am not native english speaker).

Day 2(1/31/2013):
Today I added 10000 viwes to the video I noticed that my video is on the first page of YouTube postion 14 as you can see from the screenshot
rsz_2untitled.png

I started getting some clicks also
Untitled1.png

Untill now :
Money invested: 5$
Clicks: 8
Conversions:0
I will keep you updated any questions I am ready.

Great stuff Anes!

If you get this too rank, you'll make this look easy. You mentioned in your last thread that you check with Market Samurai for competition, I see you're using semrush now. Are you getting better results in relation to competition analysis?

I did a quick check with market samurai, only because you'd mentioned it in your last thread. Here was the results:

Looks quite hard, but I can't wait to see your results. I PMed you a couple of days ago with a screenshot from MS for a keyword I was considering, did you get a chance to look at it?

Edited this as I forgot to compliment you on the video, well done!

Great stuff Anes!

If you get this too rank, you'll make this look easy. You mentioned in your last thread that you check with Market Samurai for competition, I see you're using semrush now. Are you getting better results in relation to competition analysis?

I did a quick check with market samurai, only because you'd mentioned it in your last thread. Here was the results:

Looks quite hard, but I can't wait to see your results. I PMed you a couple of days ago with a screenshot from MS for a keyword I was considering, did you get a chance to look at it?

Edited this as I forgot to compliment you on the video, well done!

PMed you.

Day 3(2/1/2013):

Today I have Added 15 high PR backlinks to my video nothing happened today no conversions until now I am not surprised nothing happen overnight I got 20 clicks untill now:

2l9qqlj.png

Only 3 of them are from Allowed countries (UNITED STATES, CANADA, UNITED KINGDOM, IRELAND, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND)

w00pkz.png

Note: I have switched to Maxbounty as I feel more comfortable with them

So until now:
Clicks: 20
Allowed Clicks: 3

Do you Think you're taking a chance that YouTube might penalize your video at one point, having all them keywords in the description? I read a statement from YouTube a couple of days ago, where they said they'd outright ban videos with a big list of keywords in the description.

Day 4(2/2/2013):

Today I have Added another 15 high PR backlinks to my video nothing happened today no conversions until now got 30 clicks:

23iwlza.png

Only 5 of them are from allowed countries (UNITED STATES, CANADA, UNITED KINGDOM, IRELAND, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND)

21otx5x.png

Ranking update:
jiiz9z.png

As you can see the ranking yesterday was 338 and today it is 126 cool this is good sign that means Google is indexing the backlinks.

So until now:
Clicks: 30
Allowed Clicks: 5

Do you Think you're taking a chance that YouTube might penalize your video at one point, having all them keywords in the description? I read a statement from YouTube a couple of days ago, where they said they'd outright ban videos with a big list of keywords in the description.
I really do not know about that what do you think?

I hope nothing happens and you start raking cash in, lol. I've seen others are doing it too, so I imagine it's nothing they are enforcing to hard.

Day 5(2/3/2013):

Today I have added another 15 high PR backlinks to my video nothing happened today.
No conversions until now got 30 clicks:

34pkza0.png

Only 6 of them are from allowed countries (UNITED STATES, CANADA, UNITED KINGDOM, IRELAND, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND)

r0rtac.png

Ranking update:
2heiq77.png

Today the ranking is dancing and its normal I am expecting a higher ranking next few days.

So until now:
Clicks: 36
Allowed Clicks: 6

Enjoying reading your updates Anes.

After you initially posted this, I tried to do something similar. The keyword had 27000 exact searches in the Google keyword tool, USA. I got the video onto page 2, was getting a little organic traffic and some comments. I then wrote a whole new description, turned it into a 600 word unique article. The video went bye bye, won't do that again lol.

Enjoying reading your updates Anes.

After you initially posted this, I tried to do something similar. The keyword had 27000 exact searches in the Google keyword tool, USA. I got the video onto page 2, was getting a little organic traffic and some comments. I then wrote a whole new description, turned it into a 600 word unique article. The video went bye bye, won't do that again lol.
Lol I thing you deleted the keyword you were targeting in the new description.

Great case study - where are you buying backlinks and where are you checking ranks?

Day 5(2/4/2013):

Today I have added another 15 high PR backlinks to my video nothing happened today.
No conversions until now got 41 clicks:

r78y9s.png

Only 7 of them are from allowed countries (UNITED STATES, CANADA, UNITED KINGDOM, IRELAND, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND)

km8ig.png

Ranking update:

15p3b5x.png

1zpmtxs.png

So until now:
Clicks: 41
Allowed Clicks: 7

honestly guys I am very surprised 7 clicks and no conversions until now for a free offer from targeted people I am afraid that there is an error or something like that what do you suggest?

Great case study - where are you buying backlinks and where are you checking ranks?
I am not buying backlinks I am doing that myself (Blog Comments - Social Bookmarks) and I am checking ranks using Rank Tracker.

Day 5(2/3/2013):

honestly guys I am very surprised 7 clicks and no conversions until now for a free offer from targeted people I am afraid that there is an error or something like that what do you suggest?

I don't think you can't make any sensible conclusion on mere 7 clicks ;).

Promoting YouTube videos this way is a really hit and miss type venture. You have taken a good step in promoting a real product but it is not something you use. Most YouTube videos that produce massive amount of traffic are ones tat go viral. Being creative fora lot of us is sometime in short supply, but making videos that are either funny or horrifying almost always do better. it will take more time and might cost more then talking into a microphone but it will get more click through. I would consider this type of traffic source for higher end sale CPA with rates of 30 or more dollars per conversion. you only need to buy the product once...then you can promote the heck out of it, or make a funny video about it or make people scared not to buy it. getting to the top of the ranking is important but staying there is a whole nother story.

Day 6(2/5/2013):

No conversions until now got 47 clicks:

1qijc8.png

Only 10 of them are from allowed countries (UNITED STATES, CANADA, UNITED KINGDOM, IRELAND, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND)

wo5lc.png

Ranking update:

16c5pif.png

I am still 7 in Youtube

So until now:
Clicks: 47
Allowed Clicks: 10

So guys I decided to add more videos as I have 45$ on my Paypal account and instead of spend it in something useless I want to invest them in creating more videos so I will create 8 more videos tomorrow.
what offers do you advise me to choose guys personally I think Youtube videos would convert better with Email submits.

I wonder if you where to hit number one in YouTube how that would effect your Google ranking. You're nearly ranked first for your keyword in YouTube, but are away back at page 17 in Google. I honestly can't work out how they decide if a video ranks first page on Google, or if it will be text results only.

I have an incentive offer I mention in my case study, that's now ranked fifth in YouTube, but is on Google page 2. It has a fair few searches in Google, so if it where to rank on Google home page, I'm sure it would make money. Determining how Google decide if a video will rank first page along side text results or not would really be the golden fleece.

Regarding the first thread you made related to the wp-theme, are you still ranked first page on Google for that. and is it still making you money?

Edited this too say, I'm going to make a real push on that video that's now on page two, to see if I can push it to page one. The crazy thing with that video is, it's ranked 5 in you YouTube, page 2 in Google, and I'm offering something as incentive that people want, yet it hasn't made a penny, and barely any clicks.

I've been doing tons of research on YouTube ranking, and am trying new strategies, I'll let you know how I get on with this page 2 video.

I wonder if you where to hit number one in YouTube how that would effect your Google ranking. You're nearly ranked first for your keyword in YouTube, but are away back at page 17 in Google. I honestly can't work out how they decide if a video ranks first page on Google, or if it will be text results only.

I have an incentive offer I mention in my case study, that's now ranked fifth in YouTube, but is on Google page 2. It has a fair few searches in Google, so if it where to rank on Google home page, I'm sure it would make money. Determining how Google decide if a video will rank first page along side text results or not would really be the golden fleece.

Regarding the first thread you made related to the wp-theme, are you still ranked first page on Google for that. and is it still making you money?

Edited this too say, I'm going to make a real push on that video that's now on page two, to see if I can push it to page one. The crazy thing with that video is, it's ranked 5 in you YouTube, page 2 in Google, and I'm offering something as incentive that people want, yet it hasn't made a penny, and barely any clicks.

I've been doing tons of research on YouTube ranking, and am trying new strategies, I'll let you know how I get on with this page 2 video.

My first video still ranking on the first page of google and it is still getting traffic I got 17 sales untill now from that video.

Day 6-7 (2/6/2013)-(2/7/2013):

No conversions until now got 51 clicks:

23mohhw.png

Only 11 of them are from allowed countries (UNITED STATES, CANADA, UNITED KINGDOM, IRELAND, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND)

23k6i6f.png

Ranking update:

29x3xi.png

I am 6 in Youtube

I realized that likes is very important to get higher in youtube I will keep adding likes to get higher.

So until now:
Clicks: 51
Allowed Clicks: 11

I added another video I will not reveal that video to keep it away from unrelated traffic the video is going to be around an email submit offer.

banners
Back