The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Link Building for SEO

MrCat

affiliate
Link building is the key for an effective SEO campaign. This works best for PR and SERP. Always provide useful and relevant content in your websites niche as this will help in quality organic linking - sites will naturally link to your site once they see unique and helpful information in your site. Keep in mind that the more targeted backlinks you build for your site, the more likely it will bring in the right visitors that could make the conversions for better revenue. You do targeted link buidling for fast and long term traffic to your sites.

There are several ways to build links. Here are just some of the following:

Directory Submissions - targeted links at high PR directories
Blog and Forum Postings - to high PR and frequently crawled sites
Social Bookmarking
Classified Ads
Article Marketing - submit to high PR directories, could also serve as link baits
Link Exchange - with relevant sites authority sites
Link Baits - for organic linking
Etc. etc.

What are your thoughts? What kind of link building method do you use and how effective has it been?

I use only directory submission and article marketing for getting back links. I take active participation in various forums and thus some good quality links from here too. Can you tell me how to use social book marking as I am a newbie in AM? I would like you to request you to explain the hidden tools for building back links in etc. etc.:)

Directory submission is a good way to get targeted traffic from web directories. Just choose to submit to high PR and directories with high traffic stats and you are on the right track.

Article marketing could be a good source for link batiting so long as you produce unique and helpful articles relevant to your niche. Link baits can be in the form of an article, video, etc, - anything that would attract toher sites to link naturally to your site. This type of organic links are favored in PR building.

On social boomarking, this site might be able to help you Top 30 Social Bookmarking Sites | eBusiness Data | eBizMBA

Hope that helps ;)

Mr Cat,

Thanks for the top social bookmarking sites, big help. I especially like My Blog Log because of the stats and the community based atmosphere. I have gotten quite a few new readers through this one. I just updated it because of your post. I didn't have all of my blogs on there and I hadn't yet added the code that tracks everything.

I have a question though.

I am really into organic search results and have never used PPC yet because I'm terrified and because I have always wanted to try to rely on my content 1st. Anyway, I'm always working on building backlinks to my site through
  • Link exchange
  • Social bookmarking
    ]
  • Blogging
  • Directory submission

But I have never heard the term "link baits" before. Could you explain to me what this means and how it is done?

Sheree

Mr Cat,

Thanks for the top social bookmarking sites, big help. I especially like My Blog Log because of the stats and the community based atmosphere. I have gotten quite a few new readers through this one. I just updated it because of your post. I didn't have all of my blogs on there and I hadn't yet added the code that tracks everything.

I have a question though.

I am really into organic search results and have never used PPC yet because I'm terrified and because I have always wanted to try to rely on my content 1st. Anyway, I'm always working on building backlinks to my site through
  • Link exchange
  • Social bookmarking
    ]
  • Blogging
  • Directory submission

But I have never heard the term "link baits" before. Could you explain to me what this means and how it is done?

Sheree
Hi there! I'm glad I was able to help you out. Link baiting comes in many forms. It can be any content that your site has that can make a buzz and attract other sites to link to you. Articles, videos, pictures, interviews, etc. - almost anything that will draw other sites attention.

There are also ways to promote your link baits, you can email (opt-in) other webmasters to offer them content from your site - one that is really unique and useful in your niche that would add value to their site. You can also market them via other sites. If it is a video - you can submit them to youtube or any other media sites, articles to article directories, and so on.

For more info on this, I have this on my bookmarks 21 KEYS TO LINK BAIT SUCCESS

Hope that helps ;)

Cat,

I've been providing all the mentioned services in your first post to my clients. How ever from my 3+ years of experience i would state

1. Social Bookmarking links are loved by G. yes, they appear almost instantly
2. Directory Submissions is a good old way (a little slow) of building links. Works the best if submitted into the correct category.
3. Article Submissions. I personally drive traffic to my affiliate sites through Article Marketing n article submissions. I love Ezinearticles.com its my main source of income now :) . I hold a premium account on them.
4. Blogging n Blog commenting: Works like a charm. Helps you dominate the SERP's if posted on the related niche blogs.
5. Classified Ads : Good for promoting your offer in your city or state. Never used it though.

Above all you need patience with a new domain but an old domain will be loved by all SE's. So if u wanna make it big, grab an old domain. :)

MDSandB

For PR I would choose Directory Submission and article submissions. For Traffic I would choose Press release, Social Bookmarking websites. IF possbile get Backlinks from webmaster of related niche websites.

Thanks for all the comments in this thread.. Anyone here have backlinks at .gov sites? Mind sahring some tips? ;)

This is a great thread to read and I hope a lot of people use the strategies you listed. When you set up a nice little web 2.0 campaign, you're in for a wonderful surprise.

People, seriously, this stuff works!

One-way back links are the single most important piece of the puzzle and you've got the opportunity to get gobs of them with just a little hard work and creativity. Now's your chance to really shine.

Go for it and have fun while you see your targeted traffic just keep increasing all the time.

I just had to add that. I am a web 2.0 enthusiast and for good reason. I've had phenomenal results, plain and simple. You will too.

Sheree

banners
Back