The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Legal issues regarding copyright ?

RiverWire

affiliate
Ok to cut a long story short, what measures would i have to take to make sure i dont get sue'd ?

I want to make my own merchandise for my Tottenham Site, like Tottenham Hoddy's t- shirts etc, not fakes just marchandise using my Website name and the Tottenham Badge, now the question is could i use the badge ? legaly ? or would i somehow have to alter it slightly ?

Thanks for any imput or warnings on how to go about this.

This is an online store for FC STEAUA BUCHAREST, and they are using STEAUA signs without a problem.
The single thing that I noticed it's that on first page says " Unofficial Steaua store". :)

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 4
Yeah ive seen lots of sites doing it but they dont usually last long and since my site is well respected and estanblished i dont want to go and mess things up. Tottenham are also very hot on the subject of copyright etc.

I don't know about Tottenham but I know that tomorrow I'll contact the owners of that site I ask them if they have any agreement with Steaua, maybe they know more about this matter.
Anyway, if Tottenham is into "copyright" why don't you try to contact someone from there and ask him those legal terms? I don't think it'll be any problems to respond to 2-3 questions.. :)

yeah i was going to send them a quick email but thought id see if anyone knew here first. Thanks for the response though.

I prob wont have time to email them right now so if there is anyone that would like to add then plaese do :)

You need permission from them to use their logo, its their copyright. You will be hearing from their lawyers in no time if they know about your project.

Ok to cut a long story short, what measures would i have to take to make sure i dont get sue'd ?

I want to make my own merchandise for my Tottenham Site, like Tottenham Hoddy's t- shirts etc, not fakes just marchandise using my Website name and the Tottenham Badge, now the question is could i use the badge ? legaly ? or would i somehow have to alter it slightly ?

Thanks for any imput or warnings on how to go about this.

Contact the club directly - maybe you can come to some kind of agreement AND if not they just maybe able to guide you on it can and cannot be used.

If they reply to you in writing then all the better!

Also, it could help to explain what you do and give info about your website - who knows where it could lead :thumbup:

MI
Back