The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Large portion of traffic from Exoclick doesnt show up in Google Analytics

TheTallGuy

Hi all,

Like the title says it... For some reason a large portion of traffic from Exoclick doesnt show up in Google Analytics... We already automatically block bad pubs/zones... But isnt this really weird for such a big DSP? Can someone inform me more about this? or what we should be doing differently?

mmm... might be, but we bought 100K and 90% is fake then? From Exoclick? seems weird... especially for such a big firm...

One time I had like 90.000 imp at 1/24h freq cap for a site in Bosnia in 20 minutes. $27 spent and not a single click. So, 90,000 people saw that ad on a shitty p0rn tube in Bosnia in the first 20 minutes I launched the campaign?!?! I contacted the support and after 15 minutes I get their answer: "Everything is ok for us". LOL. Big company but they only care for big advertisers. They have a lot of bots.

Also, if you do pops, they allow publishers to open many popunders at the same time. I sent them a site I spent a lot of money and they opened like 4-5 pages on a click. Their answer was something like we allow this, as only one popunder is from us, the others from other networks.

Also, they have a bot that is reaching the page in the first few minutes after you resume your campaign. Look for the IPs (there are a few for each country you advertise) and redirect them (don't know what is looking for so I don't ban it).

Exoclick works, but you must look for these sites that send bot traffic. As a tip, every time you start a RON campaign (or resume it) look 30-40 minutes for what sites send you traffic. Many times a shitty site shows up from nowhere and in one hour spends a lot of money.
When you find good sites put them in a whitelist and run them from there, or make a separate campaign for each site that is working well.

90% trash lol not funny when you pay for that ...
do you log any image or file -- that would tell what those ip did.
logic says they were able to access the server files. they loaded the first HTML completely? look at the byte counts ....

last night I wrote this ugly one-liner fast
in a bash shell \continues line ;)
Code:
count=$(grep   $(date --date=' 1 days ago' +"%d/%b/%Y") /path/logs/your.com/access.log | grep -ic '_PATTERN_');\
oldcount=$(cat count); let "count=count+oldcount"; \
echo $(date "+%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"),$count >>count;
filename is count
>>+40 =70
>>+100 = 170 ...
count would be cumulative by date this way

Compare your server count to the ad network count ;)
See if you are getting the count they say they are sending ...
Quality is a separate issue ...

Hey Nino are you a bot or just a shill for propellerads?
21 posts --all bumping old threads and touting Propellerads.

banners
Back