The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

landing pages vs direct linking

kerbeross

affiliate
Hey guys, its my first post here, and I've got to say that this forum is so helpfull, and I'm so excited to join this community.
I hope that I will be helpfull also.

My question is- when promoting app downloads, in what cases should I use landing pages, and when should I use direct linking?
does it depend by the apps type or the ad network or maybe something else?
What do you guys say?
Thanks!

Hey guys, its my first post here, and I've got to say that this forum is so helpfull, and I'm so excited to join this community.
I hope that I will be helpfull also.

My question is- when promoting app downloads, in what cases should I use landing pages, and when should I use direct linking?
does it depend by the apps type or the ad network or maybe something else?
What do you guys say?
Thanks!

Welcome on board man. There is no "right" answer for this. But it will mostly depend on the offer landing page the advertiser has.

The only way is to split test. In most cases, except for games, you will need Landing Pages especially for the offers with higher payout. A lot of people direct link. And if the offer works with just direct linking, the advertiser will obviously lower his payout. Hope that makes sense.

Good luck!

It depends on what kind of offers and where your traffic come from,I myself suggest direct link for newbie,unless you can do an actractive LP

If something is working for somebody doesn't mean that it will definitely work for you. Best way to get the right answer is to test it by yourself. It all depends on offer, vertical and promotion method.

Thanks a lot guys,.
I've read a lot here about lending pages, and I will splot test this issue.
Two more questions if I may-
How to choose a right country to buy traffic from, I know its a very general and hard to answer question but what sojourn guys think a Newbe like me should do- stick to English speaking countries (probably easier but more competition) or choosing a random country like Brazil ( probably cheaper but harder).

My second question is- are there any targeting basics I should start with or just set a country and than set targeting according to the results?

Thanks! I cant wait to share results with you guys.

Thanks a lot guys,.
I've read a lot here about lending pages, and I will splot test this issue.
Two more questions if I may-
How to choose a right country to buy traffic from, I know its a very general and hard to answer question but what sojourn guys think a Newbe like me should do- stick to English speaking countries (probably easier but more competition) or choosing a random country like Brazil ( probably cheaper but harder).

My second question is- are there any targeting basics I should start with or just set a country and than set targeting according to the results?

Thanks! I cant wait to share results with you guys.

:confused::confused::confused:

DO you find an offer and then think of country?? Or You pick a country and then an offer??

You people should first study, READ READ READ READ READ READ READ READ all the forum contents, lots of follow alongs, guides, and lots of info here on this forums, and then ask.

I wish this forum to be better than imgrind, not another dpforums. :ninja:

My second question is- are there any targeting basics I should start with or just set a country and than set targeting according to the results?.

If you can find a translator for your creatives, or use Translation Services - One Hour Translation then go for any country you like. Stay outside of US. Basically let the CPM of the traffic sources that you use guide you to pick a country. The more expensive ones will have more competition.

For targeting: Start with the targeting required for the offer. Like if its an offer only for Android users in Kenya, then it wont make sense to advertise to iOS users. So go as wide as possible first. Then when you have data, optimize and box in. Say after running the campaign for few days you see that Android 2.3 users are not converting at all and all conversions are coming from Android 4.4 Samsung phone users. Then box in on Android 4.4 for Samsung phones in Kenya. Go wide first > collect data > box in.

Hope that makes sense.

If you can find a translator for your creatives, or use Translation Services - One Hour Translation then go for any country you like. Stay outside of US.

Just wondering why it's recommended to stay outside of the US? There's huge US traffic on networks so doesn't it make sense to advertise there? In saying that, I can understand there's big competition - but isn't there also potential to generate significant revenue?

Just a little confused.

Just wondering why it's recommended to stay outside of the US? There's huge US traffic on networks so doesn't it make sense to advertise there? In saying that, I can understand there's big competition - but isn't there also potential to generate significant revenue?

Just a little confused.

Maybe he was referring to newbies like me to try out international offers as it may be easier, cheaper and less competition before doing US offers.

Just a little confused.

Affiliate Marketing probably started in the US before it hit the entire world. That might not be true but you get the idea.

But the competition in US is so huge that you will end up paying a lot more for the same amount of traffic.

More competition = higher CPM's.
Higher CPM = Lesser visitors per dollar
Lesser visitors per dollar = Lesser probability of conversion per dollar
Lesser probability = Often lesser conversions
Lesser Conversions = lesser profit.

But if you know what you are doing, go ahead. For a newbie who would probably give up on a campaign that has no conversions after spending 10$, I don't think US is the right place to start :)

Well said captain.
When I see people having zero information in affiliate marketing trying to jump in thinking they can make money I really feel sad for their thoughts.
I know how it feels to lose, and hence I answer them a bit rough to stay away.
But yet these guys never give up.

banners
Back