The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Landing pages question...

rush4life

affiliate
OK so I think I'm finally at the spot where I can start running campaigns - have my tracker (voluum) set up, have website with domain (shared for now but will move to VPS in the next week), signed up with a spy tool (still trying to figure that out a bit), got some traffic sources and one affiliate network. I have two campaigns and am planning to set up landing pages for them this week and start running them in about a week.

My question is - if you are using multiple landing pages do you simply just put them in different subdomains and use the URL from that or is there a different/better way to do it? Thank you.

Also for quick landing pages do you guys have a LP builder that you prefer? I have basic knowledge of wordpress but its very basic. Thank you!

Also another question that I just thought of is if I want to do a banner instead do I have to essentially do the same as a landing page (host it somewhere) or is it more of uploading a file to a traffic source and thats it?

I think you can use subdomains. Some may say a dedicated domain is optimum, but I've used subs before with good results.
Check my signature for a good LP builder..

If you have two different landing pages, then it will be wise if at all you use different domains to capture enough information that you intend to. It is always the best move when it comes to landing pages. On the issue of Landing page creator, personally I do create my on landing page even though at times I use the templates.

My question is - if you are using multiple landing pages do you simply just put them in different subdomains and use the URL from that or is there a different/better way to do it? Thank you.

Also for quick landing pages do you guys have a LP builder that you prefer? I have basic knowledge of wordpress but its very basic. Thank you!

I always have multiple landing pages for the same offer but i don't create a subdomain for any landing page. I simply put them in folder like this:-
example.com/offer/lp1/index.html
example.com/offer/lp2/index.html
example.com/offer/lp3/index.html and so on...

There are few landing page generator and they are instabuilder, pagewiz, instapage.

Also another question that I just thought of is if I want to do a banner instead do I have to essentially do the same as a landing page (host it somewhere) or is it more of uploading a file to a traffic source and thats it?
You can upload the banner to the traffic source. You don't need to host them on your hosting.

I always have multiple landing pages for the same offer but i don't create a subdomain for any landing page. I simply put them in folder like this:-
example.com/offer/lp1/index.html
example.com/offer/lp2/index.html
example.com/offer/lp3/index.html and so on...

Sorry to thread jack OP....I'm also finding it really confusing with uploading landing pages to my vps.

internal soul..I am using beyond hosting, so would I simply go to file manager, thew folder then upload my multiple landing pages there?

Sorry to thread jack OP....I'm also finding it really confusing with uploading landing pages to my vps.

internal soul..I am using beyond hosting, so would I simply go to file manager, thew folder then upload my multiple landing pages there?
I am not familiar with beyond hosting but it's the simplest way to upload your landing pages through file manager. You can name folder according to your preference. Subdomain for every lander is pointless and very time consuming.

[QUOTE="I am using beyond hosting, so would I simply go to file manager, thew folder then upload my multiple landing pages there?[/QUOTE]

I am using beyond hosting as well.
You can go file manager --> public_html and create your folder offer/lp1, offer/lp2....., then you need to create folder for css/javascript......if your landing page need those. This way is very manual.
Or you can use FileZilla, connect to your server then can you upload the whole folder (together with sub-folders & sub-files) into your server at once, this is much faster and easy.

You can just use different subdomains. But, do you have multiple for the same offer because you're trying to optimize for higher conversions? If so, some LP builders have built-in A/B split testing and you can set up multiple variations on the same subdomain and monitor performance.

MI
Back