The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Keyword Research in CPA offers?

This is a noob question. I know. Then I am a noob. Lol.
Anyways, how do you guys do a keyword research on cpa offers.
For example,
I want to promote mcdonalds gift card.

I will put it in GKT? that's it? check the competition one by one?
then what if "retailmenot" is there? Can we outrank it with new site?

I know how to do keyword research for amazon and clickbank products. but in CPA, not yet.

If you don't get what I mean, please tell me here. Thanks a lot guys.

In my experience just using a mix of google kw tool, spyfu, keyworkspy, mixrank, does the job.
You always have to think outside the box and making the right ad for the right terms.

But tracking is key, you won't know what is working unless you test it your self.

When using competitors keywords you still need to find out if it works for you.

I use GKT and then check them off with the google exact search tool - i then pick the ones with the lowest comp and the most volume that don't show many results on google tool! Then heavily optimise and back link.

I usually just simply play the Competition result given on the general KW search of against how many results show in google - if it has a high MSV and low or med competition and not many results then its good to go!

I'll just quote what the column competition means in GKW tool:

Code:
Competition: The number of advertisers worldwide bidding on each keyword relative to all keywords across Google. The shaded bar represents a general low-to-high guide to help you determine how competitive ad placement is for a particular keyword.

Meaning: the competition field does not show the competition you will encounter in the organic SERP (search engine results pages), it rather shows the competition for PAID advertising - ie. adwords.

I'll just quote what the column competition means in GKW tool:

Code:
Competition: The number of advertisers worldwide bidding on each keyword relative to all keywords across Google. The shaded bar represents a general low-to-high guide to help you determine how competitive ad placement is for a particular keyword.

Meaning: the competition field does not show the competition you will encounter in the organic SERP (search engine results pages), it rather shows the competition for PAID advertising - ie. adwords.

Yep, I am wondering the factors to consider in SERP competition. :)

MI
Back