The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Keyword: Now you see it now you don't

temi

affiliate
One of my site is well ranked for a particularly desirable keyword, some time on page 2 for this keyword in Google but after a few weeks it disappears from top 10 pages completely to reappear on page 2 or 3 again in few weeks time, any idea what causes this wild swings, this does not affect my site alone, I have noticed same things happening to other sites ranked for the same keyword?

I know what google dance is, what I am talking about is nor google dance unless google dance is now weekly

Temi, this is a weird thing that Google has. I regularly bounce in and out of page 1 to like page 20 for the phrase 'internet marketing company'. There is no rhyme nor reason for it, other than a temporary loss of a powerful backlink(s) . If a site is down then you will bounce out. Then again if a page is up you might bounce in.

It is a right PITA, but the good news is that eventually you will settle into the position where you sometimes see yourself.

OWG,
Your response describes the EXACT problem I am having because you normally expect to drop to page 2 or page 3 form page 1 and not page 20 only to reappear on page one in a few days time, I am pleased its not happening to me alone as I was worried it was something I was doing wrong, thanks very much for sharing your experience, it give me confidence that its Google thing rather than me.

I would advise you to check on a particular datacentre as this is the only way to get consistent results. Or you could run a check on lots of data centres, do you do this? if so what tool do you use? I can give you an address via Pm that will allow you to check quite a few data centres simultaneously.

I don't check the data centres, I just use the standard Google search which I supposed could return results from any data centre so I don't use any advanced tool, PM of a tool to use would be greatly appreciated.

banners
Back