The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Journey to a Highly Profitable Business

bcoelho

I want to start simple, so my first objective is: Make enough per month to quit my job.
I'm making around $1300/month, so my first objective is that number per month.

Plan
Promote CPA offers with PPV traffic. Track everything, test everything.

Resources
- Educational material (Hypersonic Commissions, kjrocker's pdf, ...);
- The Dojo;
- $500/month to spend;
- Some (good) contacts on Skype.

End Goal
-
Building a highly profitable business around CPA marketing.

Current Goal
- Starting Up: $50/day

First day (yesterday)
- Bought hosting and domain;
- Created company website (just to show to networks);
- Installed Prosper202 on the server;
- Applied to MaxBounty and PeerFly;
- Tried to contact affiliate managers, but it was past 4 PM;
- Re-watched and took (more) notes of Hypersonic Commissions.

Note of the day
Never apply to a network on friday after 4PM, now I'm stuck waiting until monday to get approved. :(

Last edited:
Updates

- Approved for MaxBounty;
I was actually surprised how easy it was. I called my AM, she asked me what I wanted to promote and how I was planning on promoting it and that was it, literally 2 minutes.

- Chose my first offer;
- Search for demographics and websites to target;
- Created 2 LP;
- Joined Lead Impact;
- Kind of set up tracking for the LP;
- Kind of set up LI campaign.

Offer
From what I learned it's better to start with easy actions since those are easier to convert. I've picked an email submit that gives away free stuff.

Question
Currently I have a problem, I was following this post on how to setup prosper: http://www.affiliatefix.com/threads/how-to-set-up-prosper202.2994/.
The problem is that when you get your tracking link it comes with &t202kw= in the end for keyword tracking, but Lead Impact say very clearly that they add &keyword=KEYWORD to my tracking link after the popup is triggered.
How do I solve this?

Now I'm going to sleep because it's already late, but tomorrow I hope to get this tracking thing done.

To Do List
- Contact PeerFly;
- Finish set up tracking;
- Create a 3rd LP;
- Go live;
- Track & Optimize.

P.S.: If there's anyone kind enough to help me with Prosper202 I would deeply appreciate it. Add me on Skype: brunocsncoelho.

Last edited:
Following your journey mate. Good luck!

As far as tracking with prosper, just add yourself %KEYWORD% to the tracking link like
?t202id=82254&t202kw=%KEYWORD% .

And disable keyword pass-through in Lead Impact. If you enable that option, it will append the &keyword= to the url, but you won't need it for now

When you say "created a company website to show the networks", do you mean some company site saying you are an affiliate with some business information, or you mean its the main niche site your gonna be putting your offers on?

The first one. It's basically a website for "my" internet marketing company. Just a simple website with about, contacts, services that kind of stuff like I had a legit company. Then when I'm making $ I'll register it ;)

Updates
- Made another LP;
- Setup Prosper link (don't know if it's tracking everything correctly though :S );
- Setup Lead Impact;
- Contacted PeerFly, but I guess they don't do interview and I just have to wait to be approved;
- At the moment I'm waiting for LI to approve my campaign.

(Not much going on today)

To Do
- Go live with the campaign;
- Check if Prosper is tracking everything it should (I'm almost sure the keywords won't track, but I'll wait and see);
- Track & Optimize.

Question

Should the link in the popup to the offer be opened in a new tab? Because when I tested it the 775x400 frame doesn't look too good on my offer.

Updates

So I screw up my finance calculations and I'll have to wait until the end of this month to get the money to start with Lead Impact.
I'll continue updating this thread then, until that I'll study some more on PPV and CPA.

Updates

So I screw up my finance calculations and I'll have to wait until the end of this month to get the money to start with Lead Impact.
I'll continue updating this thread then, until that I'll study some more on PPV and CPA.
Hey there , following you progress, good luck!!

IMO I would wait to quit your day job till you have at least minimum of 6 months making solid steady income at this biz with an amount that is at least 3-4 times what you are currently making, in a few different niches using a few different advertising sources. Once that happens then and only then I would recommend to ever consider quitting your day job, as you could be running only one profitable offer for a few months and then BOOM the advertiser decides they no longer like your traffic and they pause your campaign, and or your traffic source gets too saturated and you can no longer make any money at a traffic source that you once could, and then you are stuck dead in the water with no money coming in till you figure something else out. Wait till you learn and know this business really well and also making a solid income off numerous offers, niches, and traffic sources before you take that last final step when you tell everyone to shove it. Just my suggestions, as I see it all the time people start making a little bit of money and then quit their day job and all sudden they are not able to adapt and overcome the changes in a market shift and loose everything. Either way I am telling you this to not discourage you, as it is very well possible to make solid income in this business and then some, just saying wait till you get your feet wet and have some time behind you before making that step. Best of luck!

IMO I would wait to quit your day job till you have at least minimum of 6 months making solid steady income at this biz with an amount that is at least 3-4 times what you are currently making, in a few different niches using a few different advertising sources. Once that happens then and only then I would recommend to ever consider quitting your day job, as you could be running only one profitable offer for a few months and then BOOM the advertiser decides they no longer like your traffic and they pause your campaign, and or your traffic source gets too saturated and you can no longer make any money at a traffic source that you once could, and then you are stuck dead in the water with no money coming in till you figure something else out. Wait till you learn and know this business really well and also making a solid income off numerous offers, niches, and traffic sources before you take that last final step when you tell everyone to shove it. Just my suggestions, as I see it all the time people start making a little bit of money and then quit their day job and all sudden they are not able to adapt and overcome the changes in a market shift and loose everything. Either way I am telling you this to not discourage you, as it is very well possible to make solid income in this business and then some, just saying wait till you get your feet wet and have some time behind you before making that step. Best of luck!

Thank you for your feedback Scott. My intentions are not to quit my job on the first month I make $1k. My starting point for this journey is to make the same as I make at my job and, sure, my end goal is to live from CPA marketing, but I have a job I love and I'm not dyeing to get out.

I'm doing this thread as something to keep for the long run, I know now it may seem rush that my objective is to make the same as my job, but keep in mind that my end goal is to create an highly profitable business. This is a thread that will be update for some years to come as I'm predicting that it'll take me a couple of years (or more) to get there.

Thank you for your feedback Scott. My intentions are not to quit my job on the first month I make $1k. My starting point for this journey is to make the same as I make at my job and, sure, my end goal is to live from CPA marketing, but I have a job I love and I'm not dyeing to get out.

I'm doing this thread as something to keep for the long run, I know now it may seem rush that my objective is to make the same as my job, but keep in mind that my end goal is to create an highly profitable business. This is a thread that will be update for some years to come as I'm predicting that it'll take me a couple of years (or more) to get there.

Excellent! Look forward to watching your success, let me know if you need any help or advice! Best of luck!!

I'd break down those $1,300 target into days or weeks.
For example, if we close it to $1,500 (just in case), you need to do $375 per week, or $53 per day. So I'd aim at doing $50 per day.

Other than that, looks like you're taking action and that's great. Stick with 1-2 traffic sources at first.

I'd break down those $1,300 target into days or weeks.
For example, if we close it to $1,500 (just in case), you need to do $375 per week, or $53 per day. So I'd aim at doing $50 per day.

Other than that, looks like you're taking action and that's great. Stick with 1-2 traffic sources at first.

Thanks for the feedback, but whats the advantage of having day goals vs month goals? Seems like the same thing to me, only month goal takes more time to check.

Thanks for the feedback, but whats the advantage of having day goals vs month goals? Seems like the same thing to me, only month goal takes more time to check.

Consistency. With you being able to hit it daily, you can safely say, you have made it work (at least for that particular campaign).

Versus, you got lucky in 3-5 days in the month (one day you hit $300, another you hit $500, etc.), and reached your goal.

Which will you prefer?

MI
Back