The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Journey: first steps in Mobile Apps CPA

Elad Cohen

affiliate
Hi,

i entered this world two weeks ago, mostly researching and setting up the hosting and tracker.
few days ago i began running my first campaigns with no success.

i spent approximately $300 in media and only today, after 4 days. 10 campaigns and 10 landing pages i saw my first, $0.7, conversion. i feel that i'm doing something wrong.

My verticals, tools and platforms:
Verticals - mobile apps: travel, shopping, games, and utilities
Media type - Pop-ups and pop-unders
Hosting - VPS by Beyond Hosting
Tracker - Voluum
Proxy - GeoEdge
Html software - Muse
Traffic sources - Airpush, Popads and PopCash
Ad-networks - DigitalRaves, Instal, PeerFly and MaxBaunty
Landing pages - both soft and "aggressive"

Some basic questions:
1. do you have any good or bad insights of the above methods?
2. how much funds would you invest in each campaign / landing page, before you decide to pause it or optimize? would you say PAYOUT X 4 would be a fair rule of thumb?
3. What CTR and CR should i aim for?
4. after what investment should i expect to break even? $100? $500? $2,000? $5,000? (i feel i may be flushing my money through the toilet)

Join my journey and ill keep you posted on my Ups (and Downs) :)

Last edited:
I also feel that something is not really adding up. I will therefore urge you to have a clear time where you will be involved in testing the entire offers and campaigns that you have in place. Be sure to also seek the support of the networks you are working with so that you are sure that everything is okay before making any further move.. I do believe after that you will be able to make conversions that are meaningful and give revenue.

(Thanks Dr. Forum!)

i woke up, brush my teeth and continued my journey:

Day 2
Today i decided to focus on analysis, researching and learning, before i invest more funds and set up more campaigns.

i have decided to switch affiliate network and traffic source and to begin working with Glispa (aff network) and Leadbolt (traffic source).

After reviewing my stats i got a little concerned: i have awful discrepancy and my CTR and CR seem to be too low. (see attached image)

upload_2016-7-5_12-15-48.png

Questions:
5. is it realistic to have clicks discrepancy of 50%?!
6. how can i improve or resolve it?
7. how are my CTR and CR?

i would appreciate if you guys reply on any of my above questions!

Best

Last edited:
You should match the impression given from your ad network and the tracker on your host.
Thanks Game333, should i check with the account manager on the affiliate side? should i check voluum? should i check my hosting provider? i didnt get you.
P.S. - what clicks discrepancy should i expect between voluum and the aff. network?

USE CDN To Host Your Landers Since Your are Using Voluum
Cus if went with vps u ganna Pay More 80$/month and u will Not take advantage of if any way CDN is Good For u Cus u only need To Host Your Landing Pages AND Most of cdn Providers they charge You BY bandwith
Good Luck With Your Journey

Day 5:

good morning!

i decided to focus on one offer on Glispa (affiliate network), a very popular game with $1.75 payout.

i promote this offer via 3 traffic sources: PopAds (mobile popaps), SiteScout (mobile display) and LeadBolt (mobile display).
from some reason i don't get a lot of traffic. i guess its because my bids are two low. i would like to aim for $0.3 popup CPM

i have one major problem - i have 50% click discrepancy between Voluum and the affiliate networks.
i am using a VPS, i have checked the GEOs, and i have checked the unique IPs, all seem to be correct

anyone knows how to resolve this discrepancy?

These clicks aren't reaching their destination. 50% discrepancy is huge. The audience seem to opt out/close immediately after clicking, so the clicks are all recorded in Voluum but not in your network.

Considering you're load speeds are good, probably a majority of these are accidental clicks - common with mobile pops. Are you doing interstitials for the mobile display? These ads are notorious for accidental clicks too. Still, 50% is huge though.

i'm doing both popups (that may result in accidental clicks)... and also running small banner displays - 320x50 (which should not trigger any mistaken clicks).

i dont believe that mistaken clicks is the main reason becauase i see a consistent 47-51% discrepancy rate throughout my campaigns.. and i have tried different traffic suppliers and affiliate networks..

i'm doing both popups (that may result in accidental clicks)... and also running small banner displays - 320x50 (which should not trigger any mistaken clicks).

i dont believe that mistaken clicks is the main reason becauase i see a consistent 47-51% discrepancy rate throughout my campaigns.. and i have tried different traffic suppliers and affiliate networks..

I don't believe accidental clicks too would have caused all that. Have you tried skipping Voluum for a while? Compare the source and network stats with and without Voluum. That would isolate the problem I believe.

MI
Back