The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

[JOURNEY] $50,00 per day target.

supbro444

affiliate
Hey AffiliateFix,

After browsing this forum for some hours, I decided to create this post. My first target is to create $50,00 profit per day. I have an very strong background in programming, and also some basic experience in advertising.

The idea:
I will start promoting an product for male customers on adult traffic websites. There are multiple products, each one of them has an very strong relationship with one specific keyword. I think if I will target only one keyword per product with an specific banner for the specific product, it could work.

What I did so far:
  • Wasted $100 on the traffic network, since I forgot the to set the daily limit.
  • Setup account on the product affiliate website.
  • Setup two campaigns (see below).
Campaigns:
  • Product 1, UK only, 5.7k impressions, 21 clicks, 0.36% CTR, $1,38 costs, 0 conversions.
  • Product 2, UK only, 11k impressions, 36 clicks, 0.33% CTR, $2,69 costs, 0 conversions.
What I will change today:
  • I need more traffic/numbers, I think traffic is low because I only target one specific keyword. Will add USA to Product 2 campaign to see if it will increase the traffic.
  • Asked the affiliate to give me all the source files of the banners, so I can translate and improve those.
  • Hope the first conversion will happen very soon, so I am sure everything is working correctly.
Questions:
  • What's an normal click-to-conversion rate? I am currently directly linking to the affiliate page, and using 0.5% in my calculations.
  • What's an good frequency cap on adult networks? I am currently using four views in 30 minutes.

Just checked the adult website if my ad is displayed correctly and how it's looking in the website design. It's currently not really attractive, I think I could create an much much better version if I have the assets of the product. CTR's are lower today, also traffic during the day is very low, good thing to keep in mind once I have to optimize. Hope my ad will be approved for US traffic later today.

I am actually a bit surprised the average CTR is 0.31% with the current ads, can't wait to create 10+ more ads and split test those.

Yesterday my ads got approved for USA traffic, CTR's are even higher here! I have attached more details below, but I am very excited about this (was actually clicking refresh every minute). Still not received the assets, can't wait to create some more ads. Think I will spend three times the average commission (45 euro) with this current setup and spend another 45 euro once I have multiple ads.

Campaigns:
  • Product 1, UK only, 1.7k impressions, 3 clicks, 0.17% CTR, $0,39 costs, 0 conversions.
  • Product 2, UK + USA, 17k impressions, 83 clicks, 0.47% CTR, $5,25 costs, 0 conversions.
What I will change today:
  • Ask the affiliate to give me all the source files of the banners, so I can translate and improve those. (again)
  • Check the banner/landing via USA proxy to verify everything is correct.
  • I really need my first conversion :(

Not sure how I will scale this, but I am thinking about the following:
  • Add more countries, will have to translate the banners and check which products are best know per country.
  • Add more products, I am currently only promoting the two most popular products.
  • Add more banner positions (only using two at the moment).
  • Add more websites (only using one at the moment).
Any suggestions/tips? :)

Well, I wouldn't spend too much time where there are few paying customers.

I have observed and correctly too, that most of the paying customers I have had in the past have come from just 4 countries: US, UK, Aus, and Canada. I have had a few sales in like Japan, Germany, India, but never enough to think about those markets too much.

So, maybe you could try expanding into the other two markets that just happen to be English speaking countries, and see how things go :) Just my 2 cents.

Very good! This is definitely the way to do it. Way too many affiliates want to grow from zero to 1K a day within a week. You have to take it step by step and learn a lot along the way.

As a starting affiliate, just a few tips:
- Never run a campaign without tracking
- Always dig down the data
- Stop the campaign at your preset $$ spend threshold so your financial downside is always limited
- Once you have a profitable campaign, upscale it fast. Every campaign will eventually die out or you'll get copied and ROI goes down. Big money is made by the fast movers.

I stopped this campaign, it didn't make any sense anymore. CTR's are good, but no sales where made in 1k+ high value clicks. Also, the affiliate is replying on my e-mails really late. Maybe I will relaunch this campaign with their competitors products. Will probably start with something more easier, which will directly generate sales (hasn't to be profitable right away of course).

Lost ~ 200 dollars.

Where did you launched the campaigns? AdWords, Bing? Sorry about that money loss, you will get better and recover.

MI
Back