The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Journal of a fledgling affiliate

Nick875

affiliate
Hey,

New to the world of affiliate marketing but won't stop until I make it work. My main goal is to learn how to sell, what works and why, as well as developing all the skills that go along with this (e.g. writing copy, designing ads, coding landing pages, etc.). If I can nail these I'm sure the money will follow eventually.

I started looking at this stuff a few weeks ago and after finally figuring out how to make my tracking software work, I should be ready to launch my first proper test campaign tomorrow.

I was rejected from a couple of networks but have been accepted to ClickDealer, so will stick with that for a couple of weeks and then apply to the networks that previously turned me down again.

I'm starting in the Adult vertical, using CPV Lab to track.
Budget: ~$500/month

As an aside, I used to think banner ads were annoying and stupid but in this past week have developed a new found respect; it takes a TON of work to find high quality images and then make them look appealing/engaging.

Anywho, that's enough for now. Will post again once I have some data to analyse.

New to the world of affiliate marketing but won't stop until I make it work. My main goal is to learn how to sell, what works and why, as well as developing all the skills that go along with this (e.g. writing copy, designing ads, coding landing pages, etc.). If I can nail these I'm sure the money will follow eventually.

I have always believed that one needs to learn the basics of each facet of their respective businesses before outsourcing and hiring vendors. It will pay off for you this way.

I started looking at this stuff a few weeks ago and after finally figuring out how to make my tracking software work, I should be ready to launch my first proper test campaign tomorrow.

YES! Your tracker is something you must master, you must become an expert with your tracker. This is a data driven industry and you are definitely on the right track.

I was rejected from a couple of networks but have been accepted to ClickDealer, so will stick with that for a couple of weeks and then apply to the networks that previously turned me down again.

This is proper thinking, use what you have to get what you require.

I'm starting in the Adult vertical, using CPV Lab to track.
Budget: ~$500/month

Stick with this and poor your profits right back into campaigns until you have a comfortable budget. $500 a day is a great goal for you to reach by the end of the year if you stay serious and on track.

I have always believed that one needs to learn the basics of each facet of their respective businesses before outsourcing and hiring vendors. It will pay off for you this way.

YES! Your tracker is something you must master, you must become an expert with your tracker. This is a data driven industry and you are definitely on the right track.

This is proper thinking, use what you have to get what you require.

Stick with this and poor your profits right back into campaigns until you have a comfortable budget. $500 a day is a great goal for you to reach by the end of the year if you stay serious and on track.

Thank you for your kind words.

So I ran my first campaign last night.

I tested 2 angles with 2 banners per angle. I used the same landing page for both (rules based) and sent the traffic to 2 Adult offers from ClickDealer (50/50 split). My banners performed pretty evenly averaging a 0.44% CTR on around 50,000 impressions.
LP CTR was c. 20% but there were no conversions.

As I see it the above means that the offer are rubbish, my creatives are rubbish or thirdly, and I think most likely, this isn't enough data to draw a conclusion.

I'm going to add some more banners and keep running the same traffic and see if the conversion rate ticks up before trying some new offers/landing pages.

Still at it. Have run some new banners and the CTRs have ticked up to 1%. I also tried some new LPs and they have CTRs of around 3.5%, which is probably too low to be profitable, given the offer pages don't seem to be super high converting.

My next step is to try more banners and LPs to see if that can boost some quite low CTRs at present.

MI
Back