The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Is WebRing dead?

P

pinyo

I have used WebRing in the past, but for my hobby sites. Do you think web ring has a place in the professional world? I am not talking about the WebRing, but web ring in general.

I ask because I see some opportunities with web ring, but want to test you folks first.

Your thoughts?

Pinyo,

First, one would have to define, "professional". Then, based on their definition and the feelings tied to their definition then would have to decide whether to go forward.

There are so many idiotic, "stigmas" IMHO, attached to the word, "professional".

IMHO, if it (The Webring) brings targeted traffic, traffic that SIGNS UP OR BUYS, then I really don't care how, "unprofessional" it looks. I say go for it, give it a shot, and see if it works. If not, take the POS down. Heck, if it worked in one venue, why not another?

BTW, lol, I'm in lounge pants and a, "Destin, Florida" t-shirt, I did brush my teeth, but I haven't showered or shaved. I just got off the phone with a potential advertiser in Singapore, and before that I was speaking to a rep with one of our main game sponsors. The, "Corp" has probably grossed more today, than I used to make in a week back in the ol, "day job" days, and it's only 11:15 A.M. Again, I haven't even shaved yet and I might not. How, "Unprofessional" of me :lol:

Welp, I guess you know how much emphasis I put into being, "Professional" :D lol

Good Luck

Paul
"Don't be Professional. Be Profitable" :lol: :lol: :lol:

pinyo,
I sort of share your observation, web ring used to be quite popular a few years back. If you want to start one I will be interested in joining. I think it will be a good way of generating traffic and boosting PR.

Count me in if you start one.
Temi

pinyo said:
I have used WebRing in the past, but for my hobby sites. Do you think web ring has a place in the professional world? I am not talking about the WebRing, but web ring in general.

I ask because I see some opportunities with web ring, but want to test you folks first.

Your thoughts?

I am looking at some premade script now, but only came up with 2 decent ones. I would take quite a bit of modification to make them presentable and do what I am thinking about.

Thank you for showing your interest and I will keep you informed.

I think webrings are unprofessinal but what is almost identical but does look professinal is a network bar with all the urls on it and put it on every site in it it would also pass pr and traffic and look much better :)

banners
Back