The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Is this AdSense?

macdebbie

affiliate
I've just gotten started with my website. It's up and running and now I am working hard to monetize it. I've signed up with Amazon and CJ and have added an Astore and some links through CJ.

I tried AdSense, but did not like the ads that were displaying on my site - not at all relevant to my niche. I didn't like the lack of control.

In researching how others monetize their sites, I came across a site that in the sidebar, there is a section with 4 145 x 145 "ads". When you click on them, it first displays googleads.g.doubleclick and then brings you to the product website.

It appears to be AdSense, the ads are very targeted. They are always the same 4 that run, so I can't imagine how it is AdSense.

I like the look of it - I think the image ads look nice, and if I could get targeted image ads that could make me some money I would be happy.

I thought at first they were affiliate ads, but I don't believe so after seeing the googleads URL.

Can someone advise what program this might be?

Thank you.
A Newbie

Google owns Doubleclick now.

One thing about AdSense: You'll find that ads to content matching is better when there's sufficient content and conistency of content for that matching to occur. Also, it takes time for Google to come up with the best ads for your site so you need to let them display for a while.

On a site like a forum with rapidly changing content and new content appearing several times a day, after a while it is often eerie how well the ads match up to the page in a new thread.

banners
Back