The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Is this a Good Opportunity?

Calvin Bagley

affiliate
I have a potential affiliate marketing opportunity and I want to know if you think affiliate marketers would be interested in marketing it.

The opportunity is an association that cost $10.99 a month. The association is for 1099 contractors and self-employed people. When they join the association, they get access to benefits that normally are only available for people who are employed. Benefits like: group insurance, savings discounts, and free education. Most people would probably join to get access to the group health and life insurance benefits. That means they would remain members for a long time to keep access to that. Affiliate marketers would be paid something like $25 per year for every person who joins. The market opportunity: 10% of the US workforce is self-employed and 12% are 1099 contractors.

Does this sound like a good marketing opportunity to affiliate marketers?

Salutations Calvin!

Great to meet you here on Affiliatefix :affiliatefix:

It would depend on the details of the offer.
What type of health insurance? Is it major medical ( insurance .) ?
Or is it a discount plan?
What is the coverage like..?

How much life insurance and what type...?
Term or whole life? How much coverage..?

What type of savings and can I get these savings elsewhere
without paying..>?

Where in the country is this available..?

Thank you! I appreciate your quick response. Here are answers to your questions:
Q. What type of health insurance?
A. There will be a combination of options for them to choose from. The Health options are currently only available to employers and groups.
Health Insurance: There will be a few options, but they are not major medical. They will be much more affordable than traditional Obamacare plans and some will even avoid the Obamacare penalty. The prices start at $89 for a family and go up to about $300 per family. Only the high price one will avoid Obamacare tax penalties. These prices are significantly cheaper than major medical plans available on the market. Plans are offered by Health Pass USA and Aliera Health. They will be group plans, so they are not available for individuals to purchase. There will be no health questions and coverage is guaranteed.

Discount Plans: Careington discount plans will be offered at group prices. That includes dental, vision, hearing, and other discounts.

Life Insurance / Other: This is not finalized yet, but the offering will likely include group rates on critical illness, and cancer plans from the Chubb family of companies which is the largest insurer in the world.

Q. What type of savings and can I get these savings elsewhere without paying?
A. The savings discounts are not very exciting. Just stuff you would expect like 15% off at 1-800flowers and stuff like that. Discounts really would not be the driver for enrollments.

Q. Where in the country is this available..?
A. It would be available in all 50 states.

I was going to post some links to Health Pass USA, Aliera Health, Careington, and Chubb, but I'm too new to the forum and it won't let me post links.
Does that answer your questions?

Coming from an insurance background
I would be much more highly compensated
by marketing the insurance plans directly.

Plus I would have much more quality and variety to choose from.
And the other benefits I can find and market directly for higher commissions
as well.

The commissions would be much higher and I would get residuals for as long as my client kept the policy.

Nope, I would Not be interested.

Last edited:
I have a potential affiliate marketing opportunity and I want to know if you think affiliate marketers would be interested in marketing it.

The opportunity is an association that cost $10.99 a month. The association is for 1099 contractors and self-employed people. When they join the association, they get access to benefits that normally are only available for people who are employed. Benefits like: group insurance, savings discounts, and free education. Most people would probably join to get access to the group health and life insurance benefits. That means they would remain members for a long time to keep access to that. Affiliate marketers would be paid something like $25 per year for every person who joins. The market opportunity: 10% of the US workforce is self-employed and 12% are 1099 contractors.

Does this sound like a good marketing opportunity to affiliate marketers?

First of all, as Admin here, I have to advise you not to try recruiting or soliciting our members for anything without first becoming an approved vendor here.

Secondly, The offer isn't enticing enough. Why would anyone want to do this. The commission isn't compelling nor do you describe any of the payout details. You have not scripted a compelling pitch.

Have you researched the competitors in the field?

Have you completed any market research?

Have you designed any traffic funnels?

Salutations Calvin!

Great to meet you here on Affiliatefix :affiliatefix:

It would depend on the details of the offer.
What type of health insurance? Is it major medical ( insurance .) ?
Or is it a discount plan?
What is the coverage like..?

How much life insurance and what type...?
Term or whole life? How much coverage..?

What type of savings and can I get these savings elsewhere
without paying..>?

Where in the country is this available..?

Thank you! I appreciate your response. To answer your

as well.

The commissions would be the about the same just to make
things simple but I would get residuals for as long as my client
kept the policy.

Thank you for your feedback/input. I truly appreciate it!

Perhaps you are not aware, but individual health insurance no longer pays commissions. Obamacare pretty much killed all of that.

The reason I'm considering taking this to affiliate marketers is that insurance agents are not doing this. Commissions are too low, and insurance agents don't see the opportunity to get large enough membership when they have to sell one-by-one to self-employed/independent contractors. Insurance agencies are all trying to get groups, and Obama care no longer paid commissions. So, insurance agents aren't interested in it.

But, because there is a subscription for the affiliation, non-insurance licensed marketers good market this and be paid based on enrollments to the affiliation not enrollments to insurance. Make sense?

Also, I know that affiliate marketers have been selling dental discount and health discount plans for a long time.

Does that change anything in your opinion?

First of all, as Admin here, I have to advise you not to try recruiting or soliciting our members for anything without first becoming an approved vendor here.

Secondly, The offer isn't enticing enough. Why would anyone want to do this. The commission isn't compelling nor do you describe any of the payout details. You have not scripted a compelling pitch.

It is not my intention to recruit anyone on this forum. I am merely asking for input. At this point, there is no developed affiliate marketing program for this. I am researching to see if there would be interest, and what affiliate marketers would want to see in order to market an opportunity like this.

It is not my intention to recruit anyone on this forum. I am merely asking for input. At this point, there is no developed affiliate marketing program for this. I am researching to see if there would be interest, and what affiliate marketers would want to see in order to market an opportunity like this.
Also, I am not an AM. That's why I came here to ask questions.

To answer your questions:
1. Market research: This is a first. It has taken two years to get approval from 50 state insurance commissioners for this association to offer group insurance plans to an association of independent contractors.

2. The offer: on a membership of $10.99/month, what would be a compelling offer?

3. The pitch: again, I'm. Or pitching to anyone. I'm asking for input.

as well.

The commissions would be much higher and I would get residuals for as long as my client kept the policy.

I

1. Market research: This is a first. It has taken two years to get approval from 50 state insurance commissioners for this association to offer group insurance plans to an association of independent contractors.

2. The offer: on a membership of $10.99/month, what would be a compelling offer?

I apologize for the typos. Siri is killing me today!

We'll do our best to help you with getting to where you need to be.

Okay, but that is not market research. That's part of product development.

Market research would be validating the market exists, validating the market is (or will be) responsive, identifying the demographics of the market, competitor analysis, growth potential, etc., etc. This is not only a requirement for launching a product, but it is essential information for the purpose of marketing.

2.what would be a compelling offer?

Well, without knowing all of the details of not only the product, competition, and demographics, we can only speculate for you at this time. I can give you an example not based on facts:

"Today's health care for more than 23% of the nation is out of reach because of rising deductions and extreme cost of monthly plans targeted at the self employed and independent contractors who are responsible for as much as half the business in this country. If you fall into this category, worry no more.

We at XYZ Group have an incredible solution that puts money back in your pocket during these days of rising health care costs by providing some of the finest group health insurance plans for the self employed and the independent contractors in this nation."

This is only a marginal amount of copy, but I'm sure you get the idea. In order to attract affiliates, a few things need to be in the mix. One, the affiliates need to know that this is a product in need with a wide scope of demographic opportunities to convert traffic. Two, the affiliates need to know that there is sufficient funds in escrow to compensate them for the conversions. Three, they need to see your exceptionally compelling offer page and disclosures.

Keep the questions coming!

Look, it is an ambitious project you have. I can see the attraction for a project like this. It has earnings potential. However, I do not believe that your commission structure or amount is sufficient.

As well, if the cost of joining your group does not undercut the demographics current health care costs enough, especially when adding in the group membership expense, then the offer may not convert well.

I expect there is an affiliate program structure for this that will win/win for everyone, but I just don't see it with the limited information and current proposed commission structure. There are loads of offers to promote out there that will pay high commissions, many with recurring commissions, you need to find a way to fit yours into that market place.

I come back to research. This is what will give you the details required to structure this properly, and we can help with the structure, however, you need to do the research and present it to us so we can be more detailed in our advice and recommendations.

We'll do our best to help you with getting to where you need to be.

Okay, but that is not market research. That's part of product development.

Market research would be validating the market exists, validating the market is (or will be) responsive, identifying the demographics of the market, competitor analysis, growth potential, etc., etc. This is not only a requirement for launching a product, but it is essential information for the purpose of marketing.

Well, without knowing all of the details of not only the product, competition, and demographics, we can only speculate for you at this time. I can give you an example not based on facts:

"Today's health care for more than 23% of the nation is out of reach because of rising deductions and extreme cost of monthly plans targeted at the self employed and independent contractors who are responsible for as much as half the business in this country. If you fall into this category, worry no more.

We at XYZ Group have an incredible solution that puts money back in your pocket during these days of rising health care costs by providing some of the finest group health insurance plans for the self employed and the independent contractors in this nation."

This is only a marginal amount of copy, but I'm sure you get the idea. In order to attract affiliates, a few things need to be in the mix. One, the affiliates need to know that this is a product in need with a wide scope of demographic opportunities to convert traffic. Two, the affiliates need to know that there is sufficient funds in escrow to compensate them for the conversions. Three, they need to see your exceptionally compelling offer page and disclosures.

Keep the questions coming!

Look, it is an ambitious project you have. I can see the attraction for a project like this. It has earnings potential. However, I do not believe that your commission structure or amount is sufficient.

As well, if the cost of joining your group does not undercut the demographics current health care costs enough, especially when adding in the group membership expense, then the offer may not convert well.

I expect there is an affiliate program structure for this that will win/win for everyone, but I just don't see it with the limited information and current proposed commission structure. There are loads of offers to promote out there that will pay high commissions, many with recurring commissions, you need to find a way to fit yours into that market place.

I come back to research. This is what will give you the details required to structure this properly, and we can help with the structure, however, you need to do the research and present it to us so we can be more detailed in our advice and recommendations.
I know we are online, and you have no idea who you are talking to, but I would never work with someone who treated others with such disrespect.

I know we are online, and you have no idea who you are talking to,

There is absolutely nothing offensive in my post, absolutely nothing disrespectful. It is simply marketing fact. If you do not like a comment, that's fine. You either want fact and truth so we can guide you with what affiliates expect and what the public will respond to with conversions, or you don't.

You're right, I don't know who I am talking to, neither do you.

I have provided you with solid information. Information you requested. Why you are posturing at this information is a mystery.

but I would never work with someone who treated others with such disrespect.

I don't know how you can possibly interpret any of the truth and fact I provided you as disrespect, but I can also say I don't know everything. Some people are always a mystery to me. Oh, and by the way, I never offered to work with you.

So, all I can do from this point forward is to say I wish you well and I hope you find what you desire.

Last edited:
banners
Back