The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

is there any moral vertical in CPA marketing ?

bobdos007

affiliate
Hello dears,

This is my first official post here but I have been here reading and enjoying the threads of this amazing community.

4 days ago, I was happy and very excited because my application was approved by a new CPA network (I won't name it)

I was sure that I can make some decent money from its offers by using free traffic sources .. i made a keyword research about the weight loss niche because this network is specialized in beauty and weight loss free trial offers .. they pay up to 60 dollars per every order of free bottle product.. the customer has just to pay for the shipping and handling and that won't exceed 5 dollars.

Things look wonderful at first but when I searched about the reputation of their products and offers .. I was shocked. I found a lot of women complaining that they withdraw money from there banking account. the amount of money ranges between 60 to more than 200 dollars.

To avoid any charges from this nasty job .. They say this in the bottom of their Landing Page using small text and a color to make people not read that part. This is an example of what they say:

These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration or any government agency. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. As individuals differ, so will results. The free trial excludes shipping and handling fees.

By claiming your free trial bottle you agree to participate in the BioActive Raspberry Ketone Subscription Program. This means that you have a trial period of 12 business days from the confirmation date of your free trial order to decide if this product is right for you.

Unless you contact us to cancel your Subscription Program membership within your Trial Period, you will be charged for 1 X 60-capsule bottle (the retroactive payment for your trial bottle), the amount of $59.00 USD, about 14 business days after your free trial order of BioActive Raspberry Ketone. Every 30 calendar days after that you will be charged for one bottle of BioActive Raspberry Ketone (60 capsules), the price of which is $59.00 USD plus shipping.

and this is an example of a woman complain :

I feel like I have really been taken…I thought this was something supported by Dr. Oz and that I was only ordering samples. I watched his video clips and this ad looked like it was part of his show. Yesterday I found 2 surprise charges on my account for around $150.00. Called the company and waited for 30 minutes. Finally someone answered and said the small print says I agree to authorized payments from my account, which I certainly did not do or approve. She promised to refund my money if I returned my unused sample portions. After reading all these complaints I was afraid to wait figuring they would hit my account again and not ever give me a refund. I went to my bank and filed a disbute and canceled my credit/debit card immediately so they could not hit my account again. The problem is that the charges remain until resolved or not resolved and where are we all supposed to come up with the money to cover our overdrawn accounts if we don’t have the extra money to cover these charges. These people need to go to jail!!!

I promised the account manager who approved my application to start with FB ads .. then switch to Adwords and Bing ads next month.

I really need to make money .. But I am Not going to victimize people. my heart and values do not allow me to do such thing.
I hope that there still some verticals in CPA marketing that has some moral values... Otherwise, I will shift to the affiliate marketing and promote just reputed products.. make less than 400 dollars per month and be relived and happy with it.

Welcome to the wonderful immoral world of "free trial" CPA. I don't like it at all so I don't promote it. Basically, they all evolve around getting the credit card details off the customer in order to get the FREE TRIAL product. But that just means they will bill them every month for a certain amount until the customer cancels. It's like an auto-rebill.

I've gone into the Financial CPL market a long time ago - where I generate insurance quotes, etc and sell them to broker via my own squeeze pages. No credit cards involved and the customer just gets 1 phone call with the quote he requested ... and I get a solid commission for every lead (not sale mind you) I send to the broker as he makes money when the customer buys his policy if the leads are good, which they always are :)

Maybe this is something that would be of interest to you as well?

Nick

I've gone into the Financial CPL market a long time ago - where I generate insurance quotes, etc and sell them to broker via my own squeeze pages. No credit cards involved and the customer just gets 1 phone call with the quote he requested ... and I get a solid commission for every lead (not sale mind you) I send to the broker as he makes money when the customer buys his policy if the leads are good, which they always are :)

Maybe this is something that would be of interest to you as well?

Nick

Yeap .. This sounds good. is there any cpa network that has this kind of offers and that you recommend?
the gaming/download niche also looks good :-D

Its a little "shady" because things may not be clear to the skimming customer, its the customers responsibility to read the terms.

Marketing itself has a lot to do with "trickery" and emotional manipulation.

You may want to go to a straight sale offer instead of a trial. The straight sales often do renew though.

Last edited:
Yeap .. This sounds good. is there any cpa network that has this kind of offers and that you recommend?

There actually are, but I would search for the privately owned networks as they usually have a much higher payout. The popular mainstream ones everyone is usually on pay a lot less per lead and take a huge margin for themselves so you wouldn't really be able to compete in the PPC space as easily.

Nick

I think there may be more "moral" verticals than "immoral". The problem is that the "immoral" things usually pay easier, and higher.

If you wan't to stay in the moral lane then promote actual things that will be of use to the person, or something that they can actually use. Promote Web games, mobile installs, CJ products, etc. Stay away from weight loss, bizopps, and anything that just rebills.

I don't think that free trials should be judged immoral automatically - as in all other businesses there are good guys and bad guys. As long as the terms are honest, clearly stated and the visitor is required to accept the terms (i know many don't read the terms, they accept, but that's their fault and not my problem), I see the trial offers as a great opportunity.

I also know there are scam companies out there, hiding the terms, which are bad, not only for the customers, but also for their own long time business, and not least for us as affiliates, since it is getting harder to convert on even honest offers, because the visitors are becoming more suspicious about free trials.

So my opinion is that you should run the good, campaigns, where the terms are visible for the user, and avoid the ones, where the advertiser just tries to fool the visitor.

I really need to make money .. But I am Not going to victimize people. my heart and values do not allow me to do such thing.

The only people that are truly victimizing in CPA, or any other Affiliate marketing, are those that are pitching a product in an immoral fashion. If you are suggesting that, for instance, Adult Media may be immoral, then you are pushing your morals on another individual. Adult Media is not immoral to everyone, it's your own "morals" deciding for others what may be moral, and that isn't your right or privilege. Offers that are being offered by CPA/Affiliate Networks are legal services and products. In sales, morals are not a consideration due them being in the eye of the beholder. If I showed you how to make $100,000 a year starting within a few weeks, and sending the clients to some type of "How To Start and Operate Your Own Militia" and your character is such that you would refuse to market to gun owners, then you are not being detached. Detachment is a prerequisite for all marketers. You should not be attached to anything other than finding prospective clients for the vendor, period.

Now, that said, we all have emotional and spiritual limits that influence us when selecting offers, or living life for that matter. For example, I choose not to market to prospective clients for vendors with "Cheating Wives" and "Cheating Husbands" sites. It's only because I find it to be so highly contrary to my beliefs. It has nothing to do with morals. It has to do with my not choosing to support that particular industry. Nothing to do with morals, it has to do with an industry that encourages cheating and lies. Something I don't support.

I appreciate your thoughts about morals, but you are a slippery slope in business if you allow your personal morals to have anything to do with business ever. For example; if you decided to do some CPA offers in the pet industry, and you found that your clicks and conversions were coming from an unsavory source, would you stop taking traffic from those sources even though your vendor pays you big on those leads? It would be foolish to do so.

In my example of "Cheating Spouses" sites, for example, though I don't market to those cheating niches, I know from statistics that more than 12% of my casual dating conversions are coming from Christians looking to cheat on their spouses when signing up for the casual dating offers I market. You cannot escape the inevitable. Just because you are not specifically marketing to a group, it doesn't mean they aren't going to be in your conversions. You have nothing to do with what people do or buy, you can only control whether you get your fair share of the market.

I hope that there still some verticals in CPA marketing that has some moral values...

Verticals cannot have moral values, only people can. In my opinion, since you want money sooner than later, try CPA Offers in the baby, new mother, pet, health, beauty, etc., niches. There are more of course. They are easy to find. I did well with new mothers last year. There are an abundance of products you can find in the affiliate space (go to the product owners sites and look for their "Affiliate" page or link) and quite a number of CPA offers as well.

Just do yourself a favor and change your thinking from morals to not supporting a particular industry.

Good Luck!

T J

Last edited:
One of the most ethical methods of the CPA industry is Lead-Generation.
As far as morals and high paying, I know some of you may of seen "Yaz Birth Control" - some of those injury offers paid well over $1,000 per lead, but the lead had to be pristine. The consumers who where the victims of the Yaz birth control where willingly submitting their information for financial, emotional, and physical grief in a class action lawsuit.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the most ethical methods of the CPA industry is Lead-Generation.
As far as morals and high paying, I know some of you may of seen "Yaz Birth Control" - some of those injury offers paid well over $1,000 per lead, but the lead had to be pristine. The consumers who where the victims of the Yaz birth control where willingly submitting their information for financial, emotional, and physical grief in a class action lawsuit.

"Ethics" is a great standard to strive towards. They too are defined by the individual though. You have offered a great example of this.

Maybe you can make your own page and enlarge the small print for your visitors so they will know exactly what they're getting into once they hit the actual merchant landing page. Alternatively, you can just look for other products and networks that you are comfortable with.

banners
Back