The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Is email marketing still effective?

Dean!

Awesome
affiliate
Is email marketing still effective today? I don't think it is because most emails get trashed or ignored if they are not important to the reader because of the mass amount of spam emails being received on a daily basis.

I dont think it is worth the effort email marketing, you can get better results for cheaper and for less of your time using twitter :p

I dont think it is worth the effort email marketing, you can get better results for cheaper and for less of your time using twitter :p
Agreed, email marketing is too widespread (It was one of the first forms of internet marketing too). You need to keep ahead of the game.

It has been something that has been decreasing very much these days. I don't bother to even read them anymore. I just delete them or they go straight to spam.

There are people out there that I even know myself that do this but it is a very risky business. It is almost like email scams now a days. The chance of me reading one of them is the same as me replying to a scam email with my credit card number.

It is a pretty older method of marketing, but i would still have to say that it can be effective. I have seen several, should i say lots, of services of you the ability to send emails to their lists of contacts, but i have say, they are no good. the only people on the list they offer the emails to are people like you who are only on there to be able to send mails and they have to interest in recieving them, so ignore them when they arrive or use a different email so they dont see them at all. If your going to advertise your website through emailing people, i recommend you start building a list of your own, if you have a membership website, then you are already building a list as people sign up, promote your website's pages & content to them. You can also use mailchimp to build more lists too.

In my opinion email marketing can still be used to good effect, you can buy opt-in email lists for quite cheap and as has already been said give the emails catchy titles (such as "earn easy money in 10 minutes" etc.) then they won't just ignore the email, but will read it and perhaps follow up.
Email marketing is very important today as it will bring registered users back - make them remember about the site, tell them about special offers on your products etc.

But these opt-in email lists could have been sold to dozens of other people, no? Everybody gets regular emails from people trying to sell something and for one I don't pay attention to any of them. I know everybody here can say they receive tons of spam/marketing emails per day, so how can you break through all those other spam emails and actually get clicks? Generic methods don't really work such as catchy titles..

Being in the Black Hat zone of email marketing is very easy and you may achieve some very high profits by doing so. In case you try to create your own website though with a newsletter sign up script, than of course it may be very difficult to get some earnings.

It all depends on the technique you are using. If you are sending emails your receivers don't have interest in, then don't expect to get their clicks. You have to give your subscribers exactly what you promise them in the squeeze page.

I don't think spammy email marketing is effective any more. Buying an email list and sending out a bunch of spam will get you no where.

Building a real database of emails from people who are actually interested in your products, though? Now that can still be worthwhile.

I think spammy email marketing is actually dangerous now, if you use your own domain to send them from. Some people will mark the emails as spam and the domain name might end up on a blacklist, you don't want that.

Email marketing to your own list works very well. Giving away a valuable freebie in exchange for an email address still works. Once you build your list, providing additional content with sprinkles of selling is the way to go. Sending out spam email is not very effective.

Nope I don't think that email marketing is effective as most people are quite irritated with spam emails received daily. They just read family and work related emails while ignoring everything else. I think with the 419 scams at an extreme high people are quite scared to touch anything that may look suspicious.

I think email marketing still has its benefits, however, I wouldn't rely on it solely. I definitely think spamming has become a big problem, so many people have become more cautious. I still think having your own list and using email marketing to such list can be effective. Other methods of internet marketing, such as social media has become huge.

Email marketing is effective if your campaign made your promised knowledge and expertise important to the viewer. It is true that the prospects on these lists are probably part of other, spammier lists, too, and may be lost in the sea of junk emails, but this is why you should tell them to white list you, too. You'll only make it if your audience is varied from many sources these days.

Email marketing isn't going anywhere anytime soon. There's just too much money in it -- especially for those who have double-optin lists of targeted readers. Can you imagine having a dozen or so 50k lists of those folks? You'd be sitting pretty for sure!

banners
Back