The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Internet phone calls on the rise

temi

affiliate
Systems that allow you to use an existing telephone will win out
A third of people in the US and Europe will abandon phone lines in favour of wireless and broadband telephony come 2009, say analysts Gartner.
Broadband telephony is gaining ground among consumers as people become more confident users of their high-speed net connections.

source: news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4401136.stm

:)

I actually use an IP telephone software trough a company in Italia for international calls, it's briliant and very cheap. I feel like having the world at my foot :)

Ovi

Hello

The quality is according with the quality of my internet connection but generally I can say that I am very happy with it.

Ovi

This is very good, the only problem is that in my country Internet phone calls are considered illegal and we are not allowed to use it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm

Strange, where are you living?
Anyway I think you can use an Internet Telephony located outside your country.

Ovi

maro25 said:
This is very good, the only problem is that in my country Internet phone calls are considered illegal and we are not allowed to use it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that some state run telecommunications act to keep the revenue pouring in?

I use Skype on a regular basis. Although it heralds from the same stable as KaZaar, and has been bought by ebay, it really is quite a great little service.

VoiP will be a major part of our lives in the next two years or so.

Skype is a very useful little tool, you get to speak with any other skype user free of charge any where in the world

By the way is google version catching on ?

Funny you should mention Google Talk, I did use it for a while but it appeared to have limited functionality. What will really kick VoiP into the next level will be the cross platform VoiP. So MSN can speak to Google users etc.

The main flaw I found with Google talk is that you needed a gmail account to use it. With so many already subscribed to the MSN hotmail aspect of life I fear that it would not get the members to evolve.

Yes, the vendors (msn google etc) seem to be using their IM and VoIP application to push their free email, that is why I do not use MSN. (Though now that I have XP i can use non hotmail email address)
Still use my ICQ which has existed long before MSN, Yahoo etc started making IM applications

Hello

I prefer Google Talk better that Skype, the quality of the voice is far more clear that Skype.

Ovi

MI
Back