The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Insulin pill promises an end to the needle for diabetics

Robocop

affiliate
People with diabetes may soon be able to take a pill to control the disease instead of needing several daily insulin injections.

A British company will report at a conference in the US today that it has developed a form of insulin that can be taken by mouth, which it believes will provide better control of symptoms.

Long overdue I say

Do you have or know somebody thats diabetic and has to inject?

My father was diabetic, having to inject insulin about twice or so a day is really really awful.
I am sure this pill will be very very good news for diabetics

I guess this is excellent news, but I already know plenty of pills for diabetes like ime9 which are effective.
The important part we need to remember is keeping our diet in check since this is a primary factor. I've read articles that said diabetes can be related to a lot of side effects due to dying blood vessels. Recently it was found out that it can be linked to hearing loss too.
There are studies which show that a healthy diet and timely intake is crucial to diabetic patients in order to get the right nutrients for their body.

Last edited:
My parents both inject insulin. I hope this will spread fast so that it can reach everyone all over the world who needs this. This is great news!

Last edited by a moderator:
https://news.google.com/search?for=oral insulin&hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en
Not sure how much has to do with the genome project. There are 2 factors; insulin production Type 1 and insulin resistance and excessive glucose production in the liver Type 2.
USA Cost•
The total direct and indirect estimated cost of diagnosed diabetes in the United States in 2012 was $245 billion.

•Average medical expenditures for people with diagnosed diabetes were about $13,700 per year. About $7,900 of this amount was attributed to diabetes.

•After adjusting for age group and sex, average medical expenditures among people with diagnosed diabetes were about 2.3 times higher than expenditures for people without diabetes.

https://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/pdfs/data/statistics/national-diabetes-statistics-report.pdf

So what will the new oral meds cost?

I'm glad that science does not stand still as I remember I read that insulin couldn't be taken in pill form because your digestive enzymes would break it down before it could be used in your body, and that it should be injected into the fat just below your skin. Today people with diabetes have a wider choice of medications, metformin, ozempic, etc. Such medications help not only lower A1C but also lose weight which is very important for diabetics.

Last edited by a moderator:
After all, if you take insulin, its cost is relatively low compared to other drugs.
Not in the US, except for Medicare (over 65 $35/mo) --US prices are about $360 a month with prescription benefit insurance.
Metaformin is dirt cheap (even free). There is no national healthcare in the US as most of the developed word has.

What would you prefer to do shoot up insulin everyday or just take a pill? However, the pills may be too costly as a patent drug.

MI
Back