The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Impressions and clicks, will someone explain...thank you

jmw

affiliate
:confused: I keep reading about impressions and clicks; for some reason it is just not making sense to me. Can someone please explain an impression. I thought an impression was how many people viewed your website. Or better yet, can you explain to me.....I have 1965 impressions and 18 clicks? Does this mean the site was viewed 1965 times but the items clicked was only 18? Thank you. Very new here, as you can tell, but very eager to learn. Jean

Hi Jean, you got it. An impression is essentially someone visiting the page.
No way to know which of the ads if any they looked at can only know which ads were interested enough in to click.

Sometimes, but not always if you have tons of impressions and not many clicks it can mean the product is not well targeted to your traffic or the ad placement was not ideal. Just a couple things to look at and think about if you want to get your clicks up.

Impressions

Thanks Linda. I'm actually shocked that it has even been looked at that many times and can't figure out how people have actually found it. Sales of course would be a good thing :) By well targeted do you mean I need to work on SEO? I'm just learning about that. Or perhaps I need to be writing more content, need more products..... Thanks for our help.

I have posted my site in your other forum (site review) but I have not had any feed back yet. I realize this is a busy time and I am waiting patiently.

One thing to clarify here.

If you have 10 banners on one page, then EACH one of those banners will register an impression, so If one user visits 5 pages , each has 10 banners on them then you will register 50 impressions for that one visitor

The same is true of text or product links if you use the one pixel gif that networks like CJ and LS provide as part of the full link

You're better to use your web server page view count than then the network reports impression count

So if you have 1965 page impressions in your stats then it could be cause for concern , if it's from network reports count you average banner ads per page and divide the 1965 by that.

Cheers

Chris

Impresssions

Chris How funny. That makes much more sense to me now. So I may have had around 22 views people view the site. LOL Thanks for clearing that up. Jean

"By well targeted do you mean I need to work on SEO?"

No by well targeted I mean if you are showing ringtones on a site targeted to Moms or insurance on a site targeted to music and entertainment then your ads are not targeted well to your visitors. Although most people need to work more on SEO too. :)

MI
Back