The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Images near AdSense ads

Larwee

<b><font size=2>In Memoriam - Loyal Administrator<
affiliate
There has been a lot of talk from some people about putting images near AdSense ads. Some have even said that this helps give them much better results.

If you are doing this, or if you are considering doing it you might want to see the official view Google has on this. Some people are going to be in for a very unpleasant surprise. It is always a very good idea to know Google's position before you try something.

Here is a link to the details from Google about placing images near AdSense ads http://adsense.blogspot.com/2006/12/ad-and-image-placement-policy.html

Adsense promoters use this method because people are drawn to pictures so placing the ads near pictures can get people's attention because most people automatically tune out ads.

What I'm concerned about is why people place adsense ads near the links on their site. If a user clicks on the ad thinking it is a link on the site and realises its an ad wouldn't that contribute to click fraud?

kpfingaz, you said:
Adsense promoters use this method because people are drawn to pictures so placing the ads near pictures can get people's attention because most people automatically tune out ads.
That is why it is very important for people who are doing this or thinking about doing it should read what Google has to say in the link I provided. Google is against doing it and provides some specific examples of what to avoid.

eh2zed said:
Some of the TOS on that seems a little too subjective to me.
Google is very subjective, you can get 10 different answers from 10 Google reps.
We have emails from Google from different reps about the same ads on the same sites. In one case we were asked to remove the images that were close to the ads but were relevant to the ad. However two other reps said it was ok.

It's bloody crazy when a 16 year old can decide they don't think the ad placment is correct so they ban your account.

I think this chap has got it spot on and Google will reverse there TOS in the very near future ...

I?ll cut to the chase: Monday, the 18th of this month, Google made a post on the AdSense Blog stating: ?We ask that publishers not line up images and ads in a way that suggests a relationship between the images and the ads.?
READ MORE....

Maybe worth "Thinking outside the box"

MI
Back