The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

If you have 4 minutes... ;)

Bisje

affiliate
Some of you already know I made a website for a friend who is a Fantasy author...
As she just published her second book and she invited me to the presentation of it (and the after-party ;) )I surprised her with a complete make-over of the whole website.
The site now look like this : Mel Hartman - De Fantasiejagers

What do you find of it ?

Easy one the eye, modern looking, something you'd expect of that topic, id say well done mate, not bad at all :goodjobsign:

Wow :kneeled:, as others have said, very smooth, easy to find content, everything loads quickly, (and we don't have a great bb connection here), and there's no errors, which is always nice to see. It's well laid out, and a pleasure to read through, despite not actually understanding the language, although I can make a good educated guess on some words :)

Well done, and a very thoughtful gift.

Very nice indeed. Easy to read (language apart) except, possibly the background mages under the text may be a little too loud for those who don't have quite such good vision or maybe an astigmatism.

The code now needs validating and the errors removing to make it into a quality website. Ex: some of your code does not match the DTD and flags up as errors, another is P tags closing but not opening. not all the errors are going to cause a problem, but some may cause cross browser inconsistencies. The site is so nice, that it is worth putting in the extra time to make the code error free and standards compliant.

Well Done!

Thanks everybody for the kind replies :eek:
I didn't espect that much positive feedback :)

The code now needs validating and the errors removing to make it into a quality website. Ex: some of your code does not match the DTD and flags up as errors, another is P tags closing but not opening. not all the errors are going to cause a problem, but some may cause cross browser inconsistencies. The site is so nice, that it is worth putting in the extra time to make the code error free and standards compliant.

And thanks smeagain for pointing that out. I will surely work on this.
And concerning the language : As soon as the book(s) is translated in English, I will adapt the website too... Anybody knows an interested editor ? ;)
Right now, we are working on turning the serie into comics... and we found the illustrator and scenario-writer through the internet ! Sometimes www is really great :)

As first sentence, I would say I couldn't design better site for this subject. The design is absolutly awesome. If I were you I would increase the font-size a little bit, and the opacity change on the mouseover event can be transformed to gradual with mootools, but I suppose that is all I can suggest.:)

Great luck I found something: you may want to solve the www vs. non-www host problem.

Great design. I think you should lighten or remove the pink colour behind the text. It catches the eye more then the text does so many not be able to concentrate on reading the text.

MI
Back