“mobile”/ adcombo
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

I feel lost!

Discussion in 'Newbie Helpdesk' started by Niloy, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Niloy

Niloy Affiliate affiliate

Hi,

I don't just feel lost I know I am lost. I started affiliate marketing a couple of months ago, and I still haven't seen any success. But I have not given up yet.

I was introduced to affiliate marketing almost a year ago, back then I was working with a group, and the reason I quit working with them is that the leader of the group made us do all the hard work and didn't even paid what we deserved. In last year's December, I decided to start working on my own. But since then I haven't gotten anywhere.

First problem information overload! I test out a new method to drive traffic almost every day. What kind of traffic? Doesn't matter. You see what hopeless situation am I in?

The second problem I don't have a budget to start off. I don't even have money to buy a domain name or hosting.

The third problem, I don't have anyone showing me the way. Reading threads and watching videos can help but having someone showing the right way is always better.

There are many more problems, but I don't want to make this long. But one thing I have to say that I don't even know what I am doing anymore.

So if there is anyone out there that is kind enough to help me and show me the right way to make some money I will be very thankful. I can't offer anything, but I can always buy you a beer later :)

and also if you read this post please don't think me as some idiot who desperately wants money. I am just looking for a helping hand.

gemshoe likes this.
  2. terraleads
  3. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Administrator moderator affiliate

This is typical of most Newbies. Floundering while trying to get a footing. It is the result, most every time, of not having a solid plan built around proven strategies for a beginner.

Okay, so I have written thousands upon thousands of words about this "information overload" mind set for decades. I researched this all those many years ago because it had the smell of a marketer behind it. This fabled, and successful, mindset has been used for thousands of years. That's right, thousands of years. It is full and complete total mis-information. The truth about this fabled mindset is that it is what's known as a "pattern interrupt". Pattern interrupts are famous among negotiators, sales people, mediators, arbitrators, politicians, psychiatrists and psychologists, NLP practitioners, lawyers, ambassadors, investigators, prosecutors, doctors of all sorts, etc., and so on, and so on.

Here is the truth of the so called "information overload", IT DOES NOT EXIST! I can and will prove it to you this very moment. If you walked into the Library of Congress, or the Smithsonian Institute, or any institution like these, for the first time, your knee jerk reaction would not be "information overload"! It would be, exhilaration, amazement, uplifting and mesmerizing happiness cloaked in great contentment knowing you have so many answers, real life examples, and professional organization in front of you.

Today's marketers use this pattern interrupts to plant a thought in your head. You see, in order for a persons mind to be intentionally opened to new information, a marketer must interrupt the persons current thoughts to plant the new thoughts. So, when you see them saying things like, "No more information overload, no more bad information, everything simplified so you can take action and earn big out of the gate", you will be focused on the third and fourth statements that tell you it's simple and you will earn big. Your mind immediately offers agreement to their statement about information overload and that you do not want that, and then they have your mind opened for the new information that it's simple and that you will earn big. ALL BULLSHIT! All they did is get you to agree to something that is fabled so that your mind would allow you to accept the pitch.

This is common and I can't wave a magic wand and tell you that you can earn without investment. There are tons of free methods all over the net and I have yet to see one that really works. I've been a businessman for over forty years and I can state as a fact that there is nothing to be earned for free in any profession.

Get some part time work and save up to enter this business properly. How many businesses do you know of that are absolutely free to start? NONE!

This is a business and it needs to be treated as such. There isn't a business anywhere on the planet (a legal business) that you can start up for free, let alone earn from it.

You need to learn how to research, take notes, refine the information, and then derive a plan from the efforts. This is what everyone starting a business has to do. You need to read through the forums, learn about the different ways to earn online as an affiliate, choose one of them to make your first foray into the business, and then build a plan to launch your business.

This is not brain surgery, this is among the easiest businesses in the world to startup and earn more than doctors, lawyers, and many CEO's. For crying out loud, quit whimpering that you cannot make it without someone showing you the way. You have seventy thousand members here all willing to help you get your business up and running, get it stable and predictable, and to guide you through all of the stumbles and trips you are bound to experience. That's far better than relying on a single person to guide you, who may or may not be teaching you correctly!

I can tell you don't, you are curling up in the corner and complaining about what you cannot do, instead of finding ways and discussing ways to get yourself up and running. You will never make it in business by fighting against your challenges. You only succeed in business by meeting your challenges head on, staring them down, and seeking solutions for the challenges. You don't have problems, you have what Zig Ziglar calls "Stinkin' Thinkin'"! He wrote a best seller about it. He changed millions of minds on the subject. Quit being a complainer, quit soaking yourself in the tears of what you think you cannot do, and start taking action by building a list of what you can do, decipher the elements of the various types of marketing that may interest you, build a plan to meet the challenges of that new business, and take action!

Get a part time job, save up some money, and build a plan! This is how it gets done. Don't fight it, don't give up on yourself, don't believe bullshit, don't say "I can't". Always seek solutions, always believe that a community like this is ready to guide you to success, and never give up!

4. Masteryuril

Masteryuril Affiliate affiliate

Never give up for learning.
    Let us learn together to start life more meaningful.

5. Niloy

Thank you for replaying T J, That was helpful.

I already started doing a job. I just wanted to know that what should I do meanwhile I'm doing the job? I mean I'm interested in mobile and health niche, so should I be reading blogs and threads about it? or maybe start a website and grow it?

T J Tutor likes this.
  6. AffiliateTutor

AffiliateTutor Service Manager Service Manager affiliate

Hi Niloy,

I would echo what TJ said. If you're really serious about trying to build your own affiliate marketing business then you should first save a bit of money to help you get started. You will find later down the line that you're very likely to need things like hosting, domain names etc and you may even want to pay for traffic. Personally I like to outsource the things i'm not so good at so that I have time to focus on the things I am good at. This is where a bit of investment really helps.

Good luck!

T J Tutor likes this.
  7. DennisIPedersen

DennisIPedersen Affiliate Manager Affiliate Manager affiliate

Start with a low budget and work your way up, optimize and analyse all the way. Test different things, this way you will know what works for you and what doesn't and you will start getting bigger and bigger profits.

Niloy and T J Tutor like this.
  8. Niloy

I knew I would need to spend money if I want to make a profit. I wanted to make a few bucks first so that I could invest it, that was my intention. But that did not happen.

So now I'm gonna save up some money first then make a fresh start again. How much would I need, any ideas?

T J Tutor likes this.
  9. T J Tutor

Stay with it! Save up! Open a separate savings account (very important) for the money you are putting away for your new business. No matter how much each deposit is. When you have an extra $10, $20, $50, no matter the amount extra, put it in that savings account immediately. DO NOT allow yourself to consider doing anything else with it.

This is extremely important as well. I explained what you should do in the meantime in my previous response. Print that post out, pin it on the wall in front of your desk so you can read and re-read it every day.

Here is something I impart on many Newbies that cross our threshold. Do it and forever know you will succeed. Don't do it, and you will forever be chasing your tail:

Be active in this community, ask loads of questions, make the proper investment, take action, and be committed. That's how it gets done!

Use this forum as a mentor. It's full of members at every level of experience which makes for many balanced perspectives for a Newbie to learn from. Take the time to read through the forums here and see for yourself that the Newbies achieving success have actually dedicated themselves to success in this industry and reaping the rewards by following the advice of fellow AffiliateFix members, being dedicated to success, putting the time in, and making the necessary investments. You cannot shortcut the learning curve. It goes slower for some and it goes faster for others. Everyone has their own intellectual absorption rates, skill development pace, commitment level, and budgets.

You are a FIX'er now and that means you have the world at your feet with IM. Here are a few suggestions:

Read and learn through extensive reading in this community. Select one vertical. one tracker, and one traffic source. Learn from your fellow members here to master each one of them (a couple of months). Then you can expand and replicate your successes.

As a Newbie, you need to read, study, invest, and implement. Perseverance, dedication, and taking action are the cornerstones of the success you will obtain.

Read
    Read through the various areas of the forum to learn about the types of marketing available for your new business. Make a list of all the types of marketing and take some notes along the way. Then determine which area of marketing with which you will start your journey.

Do this to select an area of marketing to start, as well, do this to select a tracker, a traffic source, and to select a vertical.

Then read up on the affiliate networks and select two to begin with that will serve your needs and the types of offers you would like to promote. Put your application in and they will call you for an interview. Be professional and be prepared to answer some questions about how you will promote offers, do you have a website, are you a Newbie, etc. Please note, if you join the Dojo, we have a thread there that can offer assistance in getting accepted to some of the networks.

Study
    Now that you have selected a basis to begin, read all of the threads in this forum that relate to your initial selections so that you have a rudimentary understanding of their features and benefits.

Invest
    You will require some investment. A VPS server, domains, traffic, landing pages, etc. You will need a budget for daily, weekly, and monthly expenses. This will change over time and you will need to update it often so that you know exactly what your costs and earnings are.

Implement
    This is where it all starts to earn. You must now begin to implement what you have established as your foundation for your business.

Here is some advice and guidance that will help you establish your initial goals:

Make sure you complete the following first.

Every business needs:

1. a plan
    2. a schedule for research, learning, and execution
    3. a budget.

Remember to read through our WIKI and get to know the basics as well as some of the buzz words in the industry.

Here is a set of immediate goals:
    • Your first important step: SAVE MONEY
    • Get a VPS
    • Select a vertical
    • Select a tracker
    • Select a couple of networks and get your approval
    • Select a traffic source
    • Create a schedule for researching, learning (training), and working. This is a business, treat it as such!
    • Create a budget for every expense (daily, weekly, monthly)
    • Be very active in this forum by researching, asking questions, helping others when you are able.
    Remember This! : Nothing has to be perfect before you start. Read & study, but invest and implement at the same time. You cannot learn all of it from reading and studying. A great deal of your learning comes from implementing!

Print this post and hang it front of your desk.

Us the above information to create a check list for yourself. Print it out and hang in front of your desk. Check each item off as you achieve it.

I cannot stress the following enough. BE ACTIVE HERE. ASK LOADS OF QUESTIONS. TAKE NOTES AND KEEP THEM ORGANIZED. DO NOT USE YOUR SAVINGS FOR ANYTHING BUT YOUR NEW BUSINESS.

We will all help you, as long as you are willing to help yourself and do the work!

There have been some that got everything working with as little as $1000. I highly recommend saving $2000. For one thing, it gets you in the habit of not using that savings for anything but the business. When you start earning some money, you WILL NOT take any of your profits for personal use. You WILL continue to put any earnings back into your business bank account.

As well, the more you can save, the faster your business will grow from the beginning. It's like doubling a penny everyday, at the end of 30 days you will have over $10MM. Now, I am not suggesting you can double your money everyday, the idea is that you will be compounding your savings and your earnings in a way that will grow your business exponentially in a short(er) period of time.

Image provided by BudgetsAreSexy.com
    [​IMG]

Niloy likes this.
  10. Niloy

thanks T J i'll keep in mind what you said..i will try to follow your instructions as you said. bt do i need at least $2000 to start? i live in bangladesh and $2000 is a lot in here.

but i think i can worry about that later, for now i need to think of a solid plan, then research and learn.

T J Tutor likes this.
  11. vanloi

vanloi Affiliate affiliate

let's try your best! you will succeed

Niloy likes this.
  12. Niloy

i know i will :)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    T J Tutor likes this.
  13. T J Tutor

Replace the word "hope" with the word "know" from now on!;)

Niloy likes this.
  14. Niloy

fixed :D

T J Tutor likes this.
  15. Ashley Desouza

Ashley Desouza Affiliate affiliate

Never get down my dear.

Niloy likes this.

Top Resources

banners