The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

HTML,CCS,JS - Where to start?

i almost created a thread for this, i'm done with html and css and build a website courses in codeacademy, i know lotta stuff now, but feels as though i was pampered there, they didnt recommend any editor and i feel lost outside codeacademy......in general i cant really say i'm confident so please where do i go from here?

i almost created a thread for this, i'm done with html and css and build a website courses in codeacademy, i know lotta stuff now, but feels as though i was pampered there, they didnt recommend any editor and i feel lost outside codeacademy......in general i cant really say i'm confident so please where do i go from here?
Try to download Notepad ++, awesome editor. What do you want to do next? I can help you...

yeah thanks, i have notepad ++

Okay for example i got the free Iphone 5 lp and tried editing it by removing the form to replace with an image then replace the image with text.

i also tried to make the page kinda slimmer but messed the borders up.

another good idea is to create a simple website with wordpress and a nice theme. It don't takes much time, about 30 Minutes. Afterwards you can change/individualize the website with css/php.

Another option would be to right click a page and view source, copy and paste it into notepad, click the css link and save that into another not pad file, and start playing about with it, changing what's there seeing what works dosnt work etc, w3 schools is a good resource for doing this if you are unfamiliar with html tags

I was told W3 schools is a bad website now to learn from something to do with its not up to standards, i think it these sites are awesome!

Ste 1: Positioning Content - Learn to Code HTML & CSS
Site 2: CSS - the "display" property

and of course!!!!: Mozilla's reference..
CSS | MDN

As for editors i'd say SUBLIME TEXT - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sublime_Text-
Sublime Text: The text editor you'll fall in love with
"
Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose.
You'll love the slick user interface, extraordinary features and amazing performance."

Good luck buddy and have fun!

You should actually first start with one thing. Understanding the basics of HTML. HTML is not really a coding language, it's a markup language. Meaning, it's the fundamental basics that makes a site run on a set of basic principles.

HTML: HTML & CSS | Codecademy start off there. Seems like a solid site, It's a little hard to remember how I learned HTML in the first place, pretty weird. But that site should do you justice, it also seems to offer CSS lessons.

Once you get to CSS, I'd also suggest you start playing around with inspect element. Just inspect element on sites, that'll give you some insight in why CSS rules work the way they work. You'll quickly familiarize yourself with all the different CSS rules and what they do just by simply tinkering with the values.

jQuery, here's a very good interactive site for that: Code School - Try jQuery You're better off learning jQuery first as it makes it a little bit easier to digest as a beginner. After that you can step down towards Javascript.

But before you get into jQuery at all or CSS, get the HTML basics down first. It's not that hard at all. After that, move over to CSS. Try to utilize CSS as much as possible, make use of it. Make it fun to work with, implement them in your own projects, make it something of close value to you. That'll speed up your process of learning the language immensely!

And once you get the hang of CSS... THEN move unto jQuery. You could do it simultaneously too but that's up to each individual's preference.

Hope this steers you into the right direction.

I would recommend you also take a look udemy.com, you will be able to find numerous free courses there. Once you've learned the basics of HTML, CSS, JS... I also suggest you try out Wordpress & Joomla, they will make your life so much easier :)

CSS is a nice place to start. Lynda.com has a few courses on CSS that are a little older but give you strong foundation in CSS. It's useful to fill in the gaps if you have already started. Then you can take the JS course which will be very effective if you put it into practice in CodeAcademy as the others suggested here. Practice.

Start using the view source option on sites, read through it, try to understand who it's working, then try to re-create it.

banners
Back