The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How you encourage readers to post comments on your blog?

S

SkinnerW

Do you like to see readers comments on your blog?
I do... It actually tells me that someone took his time to read my post and have an opinion about it.

It's probably easier to get people to comment if you are talking about some controversial subject or have a picture or some gorgeous girl :spiteful: to talk about.

If the subject just informative and most readers agree with you they are less likely to post comments.

Even though blog comments can be a nice promotional tool since most blogs link commentators name to the url provided.

Jeremy Shoemoney one of the first created widget to show most active commentators in the sidebar to thank people for stating theirs opinions...

So... how do you get people to post comments (if you do...)?

I keep asking for them in my blog. Nobody ever gives them though; guess I need a new tactic!

That widget you mentioned, it would be pretty clever/sneaky to combine it with a contest as to who can leave the most unique comments in a month or something and (if possible) put a minimum word limit on comments or perhaps allow a maximum of two or three per post so as to avoid spamming and long conversations counting (and get ALL your posts read). Hmmm . . .

I don't think this will work with my current 2 unique visitors though (yes, I have 2 computers!)

What I do is try and vary my posts on my main blog. My readers either come through for technology, sport, or just want to know about me (yes, I'm that popular :D). I also use the top comments script, but at the end of every month, I thank my sponsors and commenters.

I actually guessed the minute I saw that post on your blogs. Its a nice forum (because its busy) but I think its run by complete wankers.

Don't feel bad. I have not been banned yet but getting infractions regularly... :confused:

I guess these people just love to make themselves feel powerful :banned:

MI
Back