The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How to track file download?

WishBone

Affiliate
Greetings,

I need to know how to track a file download. So far, I have decided to use mediafire for the file host so I can put a password on the download page. If you have better suggestions, please help me.

What I need to help with is if I use MediaFire as the file host, how will I track the number of downloads? I've already contacted them asking why their download counter isn't accurate and they replied with suggesting to upgrade my account for accurate numbers because free accounts only get estimates.

I found this in Google. I have not used it. there is a free version Free Download Counter - Track File Downloads From Your Web Site

I wouldn't prefer using a software for this and this one looks shady as it is. I'll try it though.

EDIT: Oh this might just turn out to be cool. Thanks!

EDIT: It works and it tracks when the download button is clicked. I still used MediaFire but have made an extensive process before you can download. User is taken to the download page and is prompted to provide a username and password, when the download button is pressed, it takes them to mediafire where they are asked for a password. When file is extracted, the eBook will ask for the last password. All of which are provided only to customers.

Thank you so much for this patrick!

MI
Back