Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

How To Rank In Bing

D

djbaxter

How To Rank In Bing
by Jonathan Leger
May 1, 2011

So how does one get their web site ranked in Bing? Fortunately, there's a lot of overlap between what you need to do to rank in Google and what you need to do to rank in Bing. So most of your Google-oriented SEO efforts will pay off in Bing.

• Bing prefers editorial links
  • Exact-match domain names count more in Bing
  • Bing values more content on the page and on the site
Read more...

In my own case, i just believe that all you need do as an seo is to keep on optimizing your site for Google and your site will also be ranking well on every other search engines.

In my own case, i just believe that all you need do as an seo is to keep on optimizing your site for Google and your site will also be ranking well on every other search engines.

That used to be pretty much true. Read the article reference in the first post. Tyere are some additional things you might want to consider to rank well in Bing.

I myself focus only on optimizing my websites for Google results...my guiding principle was -if you rank in Google, you will rank in "others" as well -

but what I notice though, whenever a keyword is ranked high on Google, it doesn't rank well on Yahoo or Bing....and when a keyword ranks high on Yahoo (top 3 spot), its nowhere on Google page 1....

this has always been the scenario for me

I read the article and loved the first point that he made. I believe that after the Panda rollout - sites like hubpages would be frowned upon in the Google world. However, w/ Bing and maybe Yahoo - it sounds like they pretty much accept articles from Hubpages and Squidoo (which is good news for me since I have so many hubs and lens).

As long as G does not penalize you for backlinking from these "content farms" and Bing/Yahoo accepts them - I think I'll be ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bing seems to prefer pages where the term occurs with its first letter capitalized.
Submit your site to Bing. Join Bing webmaster center and add your blog or site. Write content often and link the blog entry from another blog internally and externally.

I just heard that Bing Local is starting to pick up steam and drive a little more traffic to local businesses, so plan to take a peek at it again one of these days when I get time.

I don't think so but I'm open to correction. Even if it doesn't, it may still provide some additional traffic.

I've noticed bing copies google search results, this was a concern brought up by google's matt cutts to bing reps. I don't attempt to rank in bing just google and bing seems to show the same results that google does.

I've noticed bing copies google search results, this was a concern brought up by google's matt cutts to bing reps. I don't attempt to rank in bing just google and bing seems to show the same results that google does.

Yeah, that was what Google claimed: In fact, it represented only a very small percentage of a specific type of results.

There ARE important differences between Bing and Google. You're free to ignore Bing if you choose but you'll be biting off your own foot if you do.

See:

Bing: Why Google’s Wrong In Its Accusations

Turning The Tables On The Google Toolbar & Disclosure Claims

Google Finally Admits Toolbar Data is a Ranking Signal? - Search Engine Watch (#SEW)

Thanks for sharing the article.

Also Bing has Webmaster tools just like Google does. Signing up for the tools can help you get an overview on your site and what you are doing right or need to improve on.

I just don't know how to optimize for Bing, but it doesn't bother me. I noticed that when my keywords are ranked in Google , they are ranked low in Bing and Yahoo.

I just don't know how to optimize for Bing, but it doesn't bother me. I noticed that when my keywords are ranked in Google , they are ranked low in Bing and Yahoo.

You might want to re-think that. It seems to me what you just posted is an argument for optimizing for Bing as well as Google.

this has always happened...and when my keywords are gone on Google, they are well placed on Yahoo and Bing...I thought that was just how their system work, so I just focused on Google

this has always happened...and when my keywords are gone on Google, they are well placed on Yahoo and Bing...I thought that was just how their system work, so I just focused on Google

There's no reason why you can't optimize for both, and you really should try to. Google may have 70% of search, give or take, but that still leaves 30%. Why abandon that potential traffic?

banners
Back