The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How To Leverage The viral Power Of Facebook

its_me_shaners

A little while back I was having some giggles on facebook, oh you know the usual pestering my friends poking them and what not, then I looked at the top of my firefox browser and had a glimpse of the PR for my home page (Facebook | Login) or something like that. It's a frikken 7/10. Not mine personally but the facebook home itself, when you're in your account. Well guess what I went and did!! You got it. I went and added my website to my facebook account.
Hell I'm not passing up a 7/10 like that.
So today what I did was I created a post on my blog about How to leverage the viral power of facebook. Its a step by step in pictures About how to use facebook to leverage your new blog, existing blog or website. I'll be adding more posts as the day goes by.

Btw--Orkut has a better PR than facebook. I highly doubt that it'd do anything to increase your PR. About crawlers as you mentioned on your blog, can they surpass the "login", and crawl to your profile? Again, I doubt that one too.

You know , I thought the same thing till I tested My idea and the bot does crawl it. And the backlink appears on my stats in the referring sites section or what ever that section is on my hostgator account.
Thanks for the orkut tip I may go check that out as well.
Cheers and beers from Canada
Shane

I'd also be interested in hearing how it goes.

I've used MySpace for affiliate marketing-related networking with some success, but for now Facebook is just a guilty pleasure that I keep separate from work.:)

When you use Facebook for AF marketing, can you just place it in the Marketplace? Is paying their fee worthwhile? I just joined this to see if I can't get a handle on some of the social networking craze, but am feeling a bit lost yet. Thanks!

I got another cool little tip for you, that will give you a high quality PR backlink.

It usually costs money to submit your site to Yahoo or for it to index it quickly.

Well you can bypass that by simply submitting to Yahoo/Canada instead. Because the main Yahoo spiders and indexes sites from it.

Here is the link to submit sites:
Yahoo! - How to Suggest Your Site

;)

Hey Fitnfree. Love the name btw, very cool.
Facebook doesnt charge to place ads, or at least not in Canada anways.

Oh, thanks for the compliment! :eek:

I thought I saw something about paid ad placement, but maybe I saw that some where else -- I've been jumping around quite a bit lately trying to figure this all out! I'm poking around facebook right now but in all honestly, I don't know just what a person is supposed to do in there -- any suggestions or ways to give me a kick start??? TX!!

banners
Back