The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How to get traffic from Facebook?

You can get good traffic through managing facebook pages. When you have a page with a wide audience in terms of the likes, then you can be able to schedule the posts here and there that are focussed on the offers you are promoting. In the posts, you can put links to the website you want to have traffic forwaded to. It is a cheap and proven way of you getting natural and valuable traffic.

Have you tried offering a free *something* to capture email addresses?

Are you interacting with your followers and adding valuable or entertaining content?

I think I'd attend to those things first of all. It takes longer with free methods but many people have succeeded in gaining some traction this way.

Also, can you comment (not spam) on other people's posts (or sponsored) to extend your reach?

3 words... Videos of Cats lol no, really.

(100 million views, holy shit)

I mean just take a look at the most viral videos and images on FB, the ones with the most likes and shares and you'll get a pretty good idea of what people really wants there. Entertainment, something funny and/or exciting, something that creates an emotional response spike... constantly. Honestly FB is the new TV, which in case no one has been paying attention, is dying.

I know some (specially businesses) get overly serious with their content and use facts and stuff people don't really give a damn about. At least not on the first impression, you won't catch their attention that way, so you can later give them your pitch, when they are in a buying mode. You gotta sell yourself, before you sell the product.

Even if your niche is hosting, you can do research on where your customers (like webmasters) hang around the most on FB (like groups, pages, profiles related to your business, with the most friends, likes & shares), then create content there, useful and related to your market, like hosting customers most usual "pain points" and how to solve them. But always try to add some humor, excitement, anything that makes you stand out and hook them. Not just be another fucking generic boring ass hosting company. And when it comes to FB, you have to be pretty loud to cut through all the noise right now. You want them to get excited enough to get to your marketing funnel (starting from your fb page in this case) and have stuff that keeps them there. ABOV (always be offering value). And don't be shy about "bribing" them to bring their friends, you know like dropbox did, by offering more space if they invited them... seems it worked like a charm.

In my case I only use FB to hang around groups related to startups & apps development, to stay "in the know" and do some networking, but I'm in the minority, and even there, having an "edge" makes you stand out.

Like, if you're doing social media marketing for a company and they don't go "jeez, I don't know man, that seems a little too edgy", then you're probably not doing it right ;)

Cheers and best of luck

banners
Back