The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How to do the testing and optimization for Bing PPC campaign?

Kay Huang

affiliate
I learned how to set up a Bing PPC campaign. But I don't know how to do the testing after I run the campaign for like 48hrs. What matrix should I look at and how should I optimize the campaign according to all the matrix?

I was searching for courses that actually teach you how to do testing and optimization for Bing PPC campaigns but I've not found any. It testing and optimization a very complicated process?

Hi @Kay Huang ,
I hope I'm not too late with this info.

First what are you promoting? A CPA offer, Clickbank? And what vertical?

Bing Ads provides a wealth of tools to optimize your campaign. It can be on the ad side, like banners and creatives, ad copies and all which you would first need to set your tracking to, or on targeting side

Ad side
In order to optimize here you need to have a lot things prepped before running the campaign. Have you got tracking installed? Did you pass the proper tracking parameters?

You would need those to keep track of every important click information like the query string (search term) that launched the ad, the ad ID of the clicked ad, and the match type of the string entered. Check it out here:

help.bingads.microsoft.com/#apex/3/en/51091/2

Targeting Side
Optimizing your targeting involves analyzing your offer's intended audience. You can have a look at the reports tab in your BingAds account and generate a targeting report there. The report can include the gender, age, location, search term, time, and many more variables that can help you target the right audience.

Have a look here, can't post a link still, just copy paste it in your browser.

help.bingads.microsoft.com/apex/index/3/en/50833

You can generate a report there that would show the demographics of your ad impressions. There you can see if your ads and clicks lean toward 1 or 2 age group, what time searches appear more often, and the location of your searches. Targeting those that appear more receptive to your ad would allow you to get better ROI.

If you're wondering, here's an overview of Bing Ads traffic per vertical:

advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/audience

Need more info? I'll be more than willing to help. Just ask away.

I learned how to set up a Bing PPC campaign. But I don't know how to do the testing after I run the campaign for like 48hrs. What matrix should I look at and how should I optimize the campaign according to all the matrix?

I was searching for courses that actually teach you how to do testing and optimization for Bing PPC campaigns but I've not found any. It testing and optimization a very complicated process?

Hey, @Kay Huang, nice to e-meet you. Please answer the questions by lumerie, in order we get better understanding and can share a piece of advice with you. Btw, do you use any optimization tools, like tracker?

First what are you promoting? A CPA offer, Clickbank? And what vertical?

Bing Ads provides a wealth of tools to optimize your campaign. It can be on the ad side, like banners and creatives, ad copies and all which you would first need to set your tracking to, or on targeting side

Ad side
In order to optimize here you need to have a lot things prepped before running the campaign. Have you got tracking installed? Did you pass the proper tracking parameters?

Hi @lumeire , Thanks a lot for your reply.

I'm promoting CPA offers. What do you mean by "vertical"?

I know the Bing provide all kinds of reports that you can analyze. Since we have all the Bing reports, do I still need to set up tracking like paying to use ClickMagick?

And how to get Conversion Rates if I'm not able to put code into the ThankYou page because I won't be able to access the CPA offer's source codes?

Thanks a lot. :)

Hi @Kay Huang

Yes, as azgold said it's the 'niche' of your offer. May I know what network are you in? You don't have to spend anything for now. I'm assuming you're direct linking the offers, so check if you have a SubID tracking system in your network like PeerFly's. That would do, since you're still at the learning curve.

Running a campaign without tracking is simply pouring money down the drain. At this point, you'd need to read more about how to track campaigns.

Don't mind the reports tab in BingAds for now, you'd need first to see what converts first before you can optimize your targeting.

Your flow should be like this: Setup tracking -> Run Ads -> Review Conversions -> Optimize

Here's an overview, my destination URL for one of my Bing Ad is like this:

affiliatelink.com?s1={QueryString}-{MatchType}&s2={Keyword}&s3={AdId}

I work with PeerFly hence the s1,s2,s3 - other networks might have other parameters.

Once a searcher clicks on the ad, my tracker records the search term used, the keyword, and the ID of the ad. If a conversion happens on that click, I would know which search term, keyword, and Ad brings in conversions. See? From here I can optimize the campaign.

As for your question on the conversion rates, don't mind that for now. You can just use the conversion stats in your network since you're direct linking. You can fix that later when you've learned how to setup postbacks/pixels.

Here's an overview, my destination URL for one of my Bing Ad is like this:

affiliatelink.com?s1={QueryString}-{MatchType}&s2={Keyword}&s3={AdId}

They let you use an affiliate link? I'm about to organize a campaign in Bing, that's why I'm asking.

They let you use an affiliate link? I'm about to organize a campaign in Bing, that's why I'm asking.

Yes from experience. I've been able to direct link CPA offers in BingAds via a different tracking domain, as advised by my AM.

No problem with landing pages.

Running a campaign without tracking is simply pouring money down the drain. At this point, you'd need to read more about how to track campaigns.

Hi @lumeire,

I have no idea about how to do tracking. What's it mainly for? Is it for testing which landing page works the best if you split test different landing pages? I didn't find much contents in this forum talking about tracking...

Hi @lumeire,

I have no idea about how to do tracking. What's it mainly for? Is it for testing which landing page works the best if you split test different landing pages? I didn't find much contents in this forum talking about tracking...

Yes, but it's more than that. It'll allow you to see through everything in the campaign, and know what needs to be removed, what needs adjustment, etc.

What network are you in? I'm sure they have FAQs there about tracking.

Hi @lumeire,

I'm in PeerFly and MaxBounty.

Okay good, you've just got to use the SubID tracking system on PeerFly. See the 3 boxes labeled s1, s2, s3 below the affiliate link on the offer page? That's where you would place the tracking parameters.

Place this on s1: {QueryString}-{MatchType}, this on s2: {Keyword}, and this on s3: {AdId}

Your affiliate link should then be in this form:

trkur5.com/PubID/OfferID?s1={QueryString}-{MatchType}&s2={Keyword}&s3={AdId}

Put that as the destination URL in your BingAds Ad.

Once you've got a click, check your reports on PeerFly. It should give you an info like this:

JTbiaG9.jpg

There you go, you're tracking perfectly now. You can customize what tracking parameters you want on the link in my first post.

This should give you info on what search term, keyword, and Ad brings in conversions. I you let it run for a while, It'll give you the data you need to optimize your campaign.

Last edited:
Okay good, you've just got to use the SubID tracking system on PeerFly. See the 3 boxes labeled s1, s2, s3 below the affiliate link on the offer page? That's where you would place the tracking parameters.

Place this on s1: {QueryString}-{MatchType}, this on s2: {Keyword}, and this on s3: {AdId}

Your affiliate link should then be in this form:

trkur5.com/PubID/OfferID?s1={QueryString}-{MatchType}&s2={Keyword}&s3={AdId}

Put that as the destination URL in your BingAds Ad.

Once you've got a click, check your reports on PeerFly. It should give you an info like this:

JTbiaG9.jpg

There you go, you're tracking perfectly now. You can customize what tracking parameters you want on the link in my first post.

This should give you info on what search term, keyword, and Ad brings in conversions. I you let it run for a while, It'll give you the data you need to optimize your campaign.

Thanks @lumeire,

So I just need to set up tracking within PeerFly? Don't need anything like ClickMagick or Prosper202?

For direct linking offers, SUBid tracking within PeerFly would be enough. If you have landing pages then you would need those.

When optimizing the campaign, the stats in Bing can be used into consideration too right? Like Bing would have a list of how many clicks, impressions, CTR for each keyword or ad copy. Those stats are not in PeerFly. Should consider those as well?

When optimizing the campaign, the stats in Bing can be used into consideration too right? Like Bing would have a list of how many clicks, impressions, CTR for each keyword or ad copy. Those stats are not in PeerFly. Should consider those as well?

Yep, that's the idea, you combine the data from Bing and PeerFly and see what needs to be improved.

banners
Back