The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

How to do SEO for flash based site

johnnight

I recently heard that Google has started indexing flash sites since the last couple of months. But what about sites with full flash content? What if the site has little or no content other than the flash documents? What would be the best SEO method for it? I would really be grateful for any help in this matter. I hope you guys can help guide me in the right direction.

That's a definite SEO nightmare. I don't work with Flash myself but I have a friend who does and his technique is to use the nosrcipt tag to add descriptive indexable content behind the flash, which of course contains the prime search terms he wants to optimize for. Beyond that, do the usual: ensure that each page has a unique title and description, both containing the same search terms, and work on link building.

Even i don't work with flash, but i think Google prefer flash sites after the launch of Caffeine, but your website can do well in Bing if the site in built under flash. Bing loves flash sites and the response will be much better.

Even i don't work with flash, but i think Google prefer flash sites after the launch of Caffeine, but your website can do well in Bing if the site in built under flash. Bing loves flash sites and the response will be much better.

How do you arrive at this conclusion? What is it based on?

Even a website is pure flash you can still put a title tag, keyword tag, description tag. In these tags include your keywords so that Google will know what you site is all about.

Though it's said that Google for one can see some of the text in a swf file, it probably doesn't recognize the structure. It's best to just assume a flash file is a black box to search spiders. the Adobe Flash compiler can read all the text on a flash file and place it in the meta data of the html container it generates, too bad google pays little attention to meta data. A compromise may be to include html text headers and footers on the flash containing html. some developers do double duty, creating both flash and html versions of the site, with links to both in the home page.

MI
Back