The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

How to check which sites have the same owner?

Lily Brown

affiliate
Hi everyone, I'm newbie. I am considering buying some domains and want to know lists of websites with the same owner. Anyone can help on that? Thanks in advance.

Oh, @Lily Brown, this is a tough task.

I'd try it with a 'whois', in the hope the site owner is mentioned in there, not only the server CEO.
So enter "sitename.com whois" in the search box of Google.
If you have received a owner name, then enter this name again in Google, in the hope G spits out other site names of this owner.

That's at least how I'd approach it. Good luck for your attempts ;)

Thanks so much @Marc, I also tried whois but not all the emails and other info are there :(
You are welcome @Lily Brown ;) and yep, that's usually the prob with the whois. Not everything is there, but the webspace owners are also allowed to keep their names out of the whois due to anonymity reasons :ninja:

But it seems like there are no other ways
At least I also know no other ways :(
One thing you could try (but really only try!!) is to call the support of a big hoster like hostgator and simply ask them for possibilities how to find out the site names of a natural person or a legal entity ;) Again good luck with it!

Social Engineering 101.

Send an email offering to buy the website to the whois address listed. The hidden email at the registar is usually a person's primary email. The not so smart people will most likely email you directly outside of the messaging interface at the registar. Once you get the real email, plug it into search and see what you find. You might be surprised.

Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #10:

Greed is eternal.

Hello, buddie. Welcome home and feel okay being here. I will say that for you to know the owners of the domains you are buying, you can be able to use the online available tools. You can use a software such as whois and it will give you details of the person who bought the domain. There are very many of them and you should not be limited on doing this. In fact it is the easiest way to do. If you can not then feel free to get in touch for a helping hand.

Does anybody know who hosts this site ? Really interesting, I thought it might be a simple informational portal, however, no, it happend to be a completely operational multitast analyzing tool. I would like to cooperate with whoever`s in charge on the site, could you please give me any contacts, if you have them? Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Lily!

You can also check out some spy tool like Spyonweb, but in this case you need to know which sites you want to check :)
What purpose do you need the domain for?

MI
Back