The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How to approach users in Facebook or MySpace group?

uniquejosh

affiliate
Hi,

If you find that your target customers are in a very specific Facebook or MySpace, what is the best approach to promote your service/product to them? If you just join the group and post promotion message on their discussion board, that is quite annoying to them, right? Any better way to do the promotion to them?

Many thanks

Josh

I usually introduce myself and make friends with some of the members, in that way they'll get to recognize your name and will read your post, but it's not a hundred percent guarantee. Most group members get annoyed when they find out you're just promoting your site. The ones that don't mind your posts is probably a group full of spammers :p

I think its best just to maintain a presence on there so if they are interested in what you are offering them then they will find you.

The problem with these sites like myspace and facebook is the spammers have absolutely hammered them for the last couple of years basically ever since one or two success stories were published.

Well, the first thing you should do is to introduce yourself. but its definitely not just introducing. You need to be very convincing as to have an image of being a good user or a good contact.

I think you should be as natural as possible...be one of them if you are going to try and disguise the fact that you are promoting your site :p, then again if you lay off doing that and make good contributions people will respect you a bit more...it takes time. That being said there could a time after you have done that when you could steer a conversation or whatnot towards the goal of saying "oh, on that note, go to my site" type thing.

I am way more inclined to just be natural though, you want people to respect your contributions, in turn respect you enough to WANT to do what you ask, or find out more about you by themselves - checking out your profile where your link is etc, that way the traffic you do get is the kind of traffic that will stick...in theory.

On Facebook there used to be an application called Make New Friends which was pretty good at finding people all over the world. If you had advertising specific to countries this was a way of making new contacts, I used it a couple of times and found it quite successful !

MI
Back